DVD patch

Carnage said:
~Cant you play DVD's already >< awww man i thoguht u could???
if thats gonna change yer mind on getting one if you havent.... whatever, everyone has at least one dvd player of their own and owning a second wont mater...

but yeah, Ive been hearing the wii's are capable of dvd playability, but havent gotten their crap together yet and will make an upgrade patch down the road.. no skin off my back

Would be cool if this actually happened. I do have a DVD player but it would be nice to save some extra space and outlet slots, along with wires etc.

csiguy4u said:
I'd rather have an upgrade so that the Wii could play MP3's via an external HD. That would be of more use than a 2nd DVD player.

Also another idea that would be great to see in the future.

Master Wii said:
Would be cool if this actually happened. I do have a DVD player but it would be nice to save some extra space and outlet slots, along with wires etc.
I don't think the extra space is worth the loss of quality. Console built-in players are usually noticebly inferior to set top players. While games are meant to be fun to play, movies are most definitely made to look (and sound) good.

no the wii can't play dvd movies.... no there isn't going to be a patch for it (unconfirmed but leaning towards a no) since they will be introducing a wii that has dvdplayback compatibility...

BUT... we won't know for sure until opera client comes out for wii... eventually... people will find a way to get it to work / patch up the wii through the browser.

wele said:
no the wii can't play dvd movies.... no there isn't going to be a patch for it (unconfirmed but leaning towards a no) since they will be introducing a wii that has dvdplayback compatibility...

BUT... we won't know for sure until opera client comes out for wii... eventually... people will find a way to get it to work / patch up the wii through the browser.

They are only introducing a DVD playback version in Japan only. the Nintendo president of America already said no there will not be a DVD playback version in the states.

That rumor is false. They were going to try to upgrade throught WiiConnect24 but the firmware upgrade would be too big. They will release a revised Wii console in the latter have of '07 with DVD playback capabilities. But that means more money and longer wait... and dosen't everyone have a DVD player in their house by now?

Redan499 said:
That rumor is false. They were going to try to upgrade throught WiiConnect24 but the firmware upgrade would be too big. They will release a revised Wii console in the latter have of '07 with DVD playback capabilities. But that means more money and longer wait... and dosen't everyone have a DVD player in their house by now?

What rumor is false? I'm not denying a firmware update, but its highly unlikely. Second, on MTV in an interview Reggie (current President of Nintendo for the Americas) stated there IS NO DVD playback version coming to the states at all. period.

Actually, reggie said the DVD wii isn't coming to the states "any time soon." It was already confirmed that a more expensive wii will come out eventually with a dvd player.

And as I have said in the thousands of threads about this.

A firmware update WILL NOT allow the wii to read dvd movies.

I'm glad that the Wii doesn't include a DVD player. All it would do is jack up the price and my DVD player is fine. I don't understand why people complain about Wii not having a DVD player. Just go and get a $40 player at Circuit City or something.

I heard the same thing, that there will be a Wii coming out with DVD and it'll cost more. I'm just glad that we weren't forced to buying one with a DVD player included.

Back