DVD patch

Then again, should DVD compatibility even matter!? The only time that I watched a DVD on my PS2 was to mess around with the functions. There are progressive scan DVD players for less than US$50.

It would be nice to just have a downloadable patch though :D

Master Wii said:
Would be cool if this actually happened. I do have a DVD player but it would be nice to save some extra space and outlet slots, along with wires etc.

too bad the Wii doesn't support Dolby Digital or DTS or include a S/PDIF or optical port to make the DVD's 5.1 or better

I would never use my Wii for DVD playback with no 5.1 options on it would be a waste of my ears time

Just to drop my $.02 here... I used to be a manager at a GameStop, and people were always bringing PS2's and XBOX's in that stopped working.

We would always ask how much they watched movies on the systems. 99.9% said they watched movies all the time. Somehow, I don't think that was a coincidence.

Use the consoles for playing games, and buy a DVD player to watch movies.

At least that's how I feel.

BlenderWizard said:
Just to drop my $.02 here... I used to be a manager at a GameStop, and people were always bringing PS2's and XBOX's in that stopped working.

We would always ask how much they watched movies on the systems. 99.9% said they watched movies all the time. Somehow, I don't think that was a coincidence.

Use the consoles for playing games, and buy a DVD player to watch movies.

At least that's how I feel.

i have friends that used to work for GameStop where i live and they tell me the exact same thing.
it's like the system becomes either a permanent DVD player or game console depending on what you've used most. :eek:ut:

Here in Spain,
The official magazine of Nintendo confirmed that by the end of 2007 the Wii for the US and japones Market will play DVD movies. European will fall out of the boat :mad5:

Back