Eat Sleep Play's Jaffe Talks State Of Console War

On the subject of "traditional" gaming; I find it ironic that people call the Wii's motion control style repetitive and boring. A common criticism of the Wii's control scheme is "it's all waggle, waggle, waggle". However, wouldn't "traditional" gaming be all "button press, button press, button press"?

masterjedi said:
On the subject of "traditional" gaming; I find it ironic that people call the Wii's motion control style repetitive and boring. A common criticism of the Wii's control scheme is "it's all waggle, waggle, waggle". However, wouldn't "traditional" gaming be all "button press, button press, button press"?

It's just a comment on how the Wii's controls (as implemented thus far) isn't nearly as revolutionary as people want to think. It's all been pretty superficial so far, and 95% of all motion controls could easily be programmed to button presses.

Yawn. Sounds like he has too much free time. If he was busy making games he'd say something like this... "They made a PS3?!" I question this guy's amount of free time.

Translation of Interview :
I made a game for a console I thought was going to be great, so the console will be great.
I don't have a girl friend or friends in the real world that will come over and play games with me, so I can't contemplate the theory behind the Wii, so I prefer to play by myself and predict that the PS3 will be the greatest console of all time.

blah blah blah

Seriously, how can this guy not be biased towards one system. If just put a bunch of time and money into building games for other consoles, why would he praise the Wii?

Weeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooohweeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooh

Attention!! Attention!! This Thread Is Going To Become A Thread For Fanboys To Whine About How There System Is Liek Teh Cooliest. If People Would Like To Attain The Tiniest Bit Of Intellect Then Leave At Once Before The Stupidness Takes Over.

Weeeeeeeeooooooohweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooooooooh

smyth said:
i can't say i'm tired of tradditional gaming, though i like the Wii since it's a refreshing change. there are days where i don't want to just sit and hold a normal controller, but there are other days when i do. I think that's why right now having the Wii60 setup is ideal for most "hardcore" gamers, though maybe in the future it will be more of a "PSWii" combo that's ideal. I personally think that the PS3 is the machine with the most potential of all, and i'll be getting it when MGS4 drops. I just feel that having the Wii and either other consol is the advantageous route, where as haveing a PS3 and 360 seems to be a bit redundant, especially at the price, you'll end up having almost $1000 of consoles(especially if you get extra controllers and whatnot) that essensially do the same thing. Where as if you have Wii and either PS3 or 360, after an extra controller each you're around $800, and you have 2 different machines that you'll be able to have a completely different experience on and basically cover the entire spectrum of gaming genres.

Just my $.02

kyle

(i probably could've summed all that up in about 2-3 sentence, but oh well. deal with it)

I agree with this. I think the wii was never meant to compete with the other two, but to compliment them, and it fullfills that role quite nicely.

Atomheart said:
So Grandma Betty who bought the Wii to play Wii Sports is a gamer?

Regardless of semantics, you know what I meant. The majority of those who are more interested in gaming than for the gimmick of swinging a Wiimote around (basically, those who are quite content with Wii Sports) are not likely at all to be tired of traditional gaming. Unless you have some data to support your assertion, the statement is absurd.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6O4VedQYZB0

masterjedi said:
the wii is just like, its just you have to move make the button work, like "press button, swing arm, move leg" somthin like that

most people shouldnt mind just pressing buttons if the game is good enough

if they want the game to feel "more real", then they should make a virtual helmet and play the game consoles like that, that should fel real, but i dont think that will happen until at least ps6 or somthin like that

Back