Ebay

zeon9881

Slowly drifting away
Dec 10, 2006
My PSN is zein9881
Wii Online Code
7428-8550-5786-2492
ok so pertend i buy something off of ebay for like

300$ and its shipping is 15$ would that have tax on it or anyother sort of money taker

If you buy it from inside your country there isnt any tax like inside the usa from someone in the usa, but if you live outside the us and you buy it from the us then you would need to declare it and pay an aidditional amount on it. Because the govement wants a cut for some reason.

If you are purchasing something from someone located in the same state you are located in, there may be tax on it. But I'm pretty sure it's only if they specify it. Lets say you live in Idaho....some New Yorker can't make you pay New York tax rates.

If you are not from the U.S. then I really have no idea.

Raider704 said:
If you are purchasing something from someone located in the same state you are located in, there may be tax on it. But I'm pretty sure it's only if they specify it. Lets say you live in Idaho....some New Yorker can't make you pay New York tax rates.

If you are not from the U.S. then I really have no idea.

Actually I'm pretty sure if it is in-state Tax is required.

ok i live in canada and i buy it from amreica their will be tax on it cause now im confused

zeon9881 said:
ok i live in canada and i buy it from amreica their will be tax on it cause now im confused

Well unless Canada is a state in the United States, you don't have to pay tax.

If you go to the auction it will tell you if you have to pay tax or not.

ok so thats one thing covered

are their any other hidden money takers as in like you hve to pay extra for something else

zeon9881 said:

yes you will have to pay thats called Declaring. You can declare it for a smaller amount. I build comptuers and repair for a living i build my best friend a computer and shipped it to her for a 700 dollar computer she paid 150 dollars but we said it was only worth 50.

Canada is really bad about that :(

dogayonv said:
yes you will have to pay thats called Declaring. You can declare it for a smaller amount. I build comptuers and repair for a living i build my best friend a computer and shipped it to her for a 700 dollar computer she paid 150 dollars but we said it was only worth 50.

Canada is really bad about that :(

What are you talking about? I'm pretty sure he just has to pay for the item and shipping.

you know what for get about it im gonna go and get a goverment job (gov. jobs are for youth 13-16 year olds) and then in like a week ill have somewhere between 300 dollars ill go buy a ps3 and then in another 2 weeks ill have pocket money

and for the people thinking "man is this guy a idoit 300$ for a ps3" its cause i already have 500$ left from Eid (islamic day)

zeon9881 said:
you know what for get about it im gonna go and get a goverment job (gov. jobs are for youth 13-16 year olds) and then in like a week ill have somewhere between 300 dollars ill go buy a ps3 and then in another 2 weeks ill have pocket money

and for the people thinking "man is this guy a idoit 300$ for a ps3" its cause i already have 500$ left from Eid (islamic day)
I thought you were getting a 360? Changed your mind?

yea, my 3 cousins have one

my 1st cousins 360 didnt even start so he got it exchanged then 5 monthes later the ring of death and now it is at futureshop getting sent back to microsoft

my second cousin just bought his last week (thats why i was interested)so well see how long it lasts

my third cousing 360 broke 4 times and he bought it last year

plus my brother made interesting points about the 360 and ps3 but im not gonna put them here cause im not a fanboy

vagrant said:
What are you talking about? I'm pretty sure he just has to pay for the item and shipping.

Its called Declaring. Call UPS or anyone who ships outside of the usa and ask them whats involved in shipping an item. Trust me to move an item between countrys there is a fee for importing the items. Call ups they will tell you :)

Back