Elebits HANDS-ON...A surprise hit?

I thought it was weird at first.. but now... :eek:ut:

I think im starting to get the idea for the game.

Basically it seems that there are levels, and each one has an objective. Each elebit has a certain color and each color has a certain amount of watts (power) you need to collect the amount of power the level is asking for, and activate some home applicance with the power you collect. Doing this, you past the level?

Only thing missing is plot, which is obvious that I wouldn't know.

I think this one is on my list aswell, i think if you get so much power you can lift the house aswell. (i did read that somewhere but i cant remember where! doh!)

xbandaidx said:
I think im starting to get the idea for the game.

Basically it seems that there are levels, and each one has an objective. Each elebit has a certain color and each color has a certain amount of watts (power) you need to collect the amount of power the level is asking for, and activate some home applicance with the power you collect. Doing this, you past the level?

Only thing missing is plot, which is obvious that I wouldn't know.

thank you for trying to explain it... I just told my g/f... "just catch those little alien looking things"

If you read the HANDS-ON, you get the plot. The plot is that a boy has some scientists for parents. But he hates these elebits because his parents give them all their time and attention. One day all the power goes out in a town and the boys parents are called in to investigate because the elebits give electricity to the whole world. While his parents are out, he steals his dads gun thingy, and starts to eliminate the elebits. There are a few different types of elebits. Ones that give you electricity, ones that give your gun more power, and a few others that I don't remember.

Your goal is is to move furniture, open things, activate things, in order to find the elebits hidden inside rooms. Once you find all the elebits, power is restored to the room. The best thing about the game, though, is that we will be able to design our own levels kinda. I think you take a pre-made level, but you can put the elebits inside anything that you want or under anything that you want and then you can post your created level on the message board for others to play on.

I might actually get this.

It says "Players 1-4"
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/elebits/tech_info.html

But what do the other players do?

My daughters' Wii is only for Multiplayer. If I want to sit around by myself I have a dual 512mb ATI crossfired Core 2 Duo computer.

(Zelda, of course, is the exception, that is for Christmas for my two older girls - not sure if Dad will like it, and it won't really matter if I don't)

Multiplayer is a race to collect elebits. Players take turns controling the camera and up to 4 players can play at a time with only 1 nunchuck.

This game is looking great. Here are some vids of the first 2 levels:
http://gonintendo.com/?p=9868#comments

Theres a level editor as well where you can send your maps to other people on wiiconnect 24. I can already imagine the puzzle possibilities with the deep physics system and wiimote control.

I used to think this game looked terrible, but now it looks fun! Definately worth, at least, a rental! :arf:

this is the one game my girlfriend wants to play, geeked over it too. so im sure we'll enjoy this.

My concern with Elebits is if it will have some lasting value like how will it get harder, more furniture and less elebits or what

lolercaust said:
My concern with Elebits is if it will have some lasting value like how will it get harder, more furniture and less elebits or what

I'm not sure about that, but the lasting value lies in the fact that you can create your own levels and send them to other people so you'll always have a new level to play.

So far I'm thinking its a rental, however I would have to say the multiplayer is appealing, problem is just finding other people who have it, and actively switching it.

Back