End of Lost Season 3 - Spoilers

iantimmy123

WiiChat Member
Mar 10, 2007
I have never been so annoyed at an end of a series - don't get me wrong it was awesome but how could they leave us hanging like that!!

Who do people think is in the coffin?

I'm just wondering what the next series will be like, will it be Jack trying to get back to the Island or maybe not everyone got off. Very strange.

Also be interesting to see the explanation about the plane and bodies they found.

Bring on Season 4!!!

Bah, It just drags on, No real plotline.

Here you go

Season 4 will feature 16 episodes that will begin airing in the United States and Canada sometime in February of 2008.[39] The season will run all of its episodes consecutively without repeats.

On May 7, 2007, ABC Entertainment President Stephen McPherson announced that Lost will end during the 2009-2010 season with a "highly anticipated and shocking finale."[40] "We felt that this was the only way to give it [Lost] a proper creative conclusion," McPherson said. Beginning with the 2007-2008 television season, the final 48 episodes of Lost will be aired as three seasons with sixteen episodes each. Thus, Lost will conclude with its sixth season. These seasons are to air uninterrupted from February to May.[41]

The announcement by ABC was called "bold and unprecedented" by Lost's executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse. Lindelof and Cuse also stated that they "always envisioned Lost as a show with a beginning, middle, and end," and that by announcing when the show would end that viewers would "have the security of knowing that the story will play out as we've intended."

Source

I never watched season3.

Season 1 was brilliant, season 2 was ok, they ruined it with all the house's and tv's and radios and everything.

It was good when it was that they were lost on a island with no contact to the outside world...

iantimmy123 said:

Presumably it's someone despised by many people if no one came to the funeral- methinks Ben, Locke, or perhaps Michael.

I'm just wondering what the next series will be like, will it be Jack trying to get back to the Island or maybe not everyone got off. Very strange.

I think the future we saw is only possible, not set in stone (like Desmond's flashes). Maybe now Desmond knows it's not Penny's boat, he could change the future, and perhaps cause them to stay on the island. Maybe that was the point of flashes- to keep Charlie alive so that he could contact Penny, learn Naomi isn't working for her, and thus the Losties would stay on the island. Although it was a flash that led them to Naomi in the first place...

iantimmy123 said:
I have never been so annoyed at an end of a series - don't get me wrong it was awesome but how could they leave us hanging like that!!

Also be interesting to see the explanation about the plane and bodies they found.

Bring on Season 4!!!
if you watched it u would know that the person in the coffin is the woman who was one of the others but then joined jack i think her name is jill or somthing

minto said:
if you watched it u would know that the person in the coffin is the woman who was one of the others but then joined jack i think her name is jill or somthing

Juliet.

And the person in the coffin is a male. My guess is Sawyer or Ben

Cpt.McCloud said:
I never watched season3.

Season 1 was brilliant, season 2 was ok, they ruined it with all the house's and tv's and radios and everything.

It was good when it was that they were lost on a island with no contact to the outside world...

You missed the best series, it got so much more interesting and didn't have the lull in the middle that season 2 had.

The body in the coffin is probably someone who will be introduced in season 4, 5, or 6.

Nah, I think its definitely someone who we already know.

If you read Wii Smurf's post, its not likely that it's someone new. It's pretty much stating that they're setting up for the end to come. We know now that they get off the island. The next three seasons will just be how and when. If you watched the recap special with the writers, they were saying that the way lost works is that you answer old questions, but only by creating new ones, otherwise there is no draw for the audience. That is the formula. For a while I was annoyed they weren't answering questions. I don't mind new questions as long as they answer the old ones in the meantime.

Last edited:
Skorp said:
Nah, I think its definitely someone who we already know.

If you read Wii Smurf's post, its not likely that it's someone new. It's pretty much stating that they're setting up for the end to come. We know now that they get off the island. The next three seasons will just be how and when. If you watched the recap special with the writers, they were saying that the way lost works is that you answer old questions, but only by creating new ones, otherwise there is no draw for the audience. That is the formula. For a while I was annoyed they weren't answering questions. I don't mind new questions as long as they answer the old ones in the meantime.

True, that annoys me too.

It's probably someone we already know, but I've been thinking- maybe the writers deliberately left the dead person's identity unknown because they don't know who it is either? I'll bet the writers are making most of this show up as they go along, and they just introduce things like the coffin so they have a story for the future.

I bloody love Lost. But i refuse to be drawn into thinking up theories anymore because its not good for the mind. It takes over.
Charlie isnt dead. Jacob is in the box. Jack joins the group of people (Niaomi's people) who were looking for the island in the first place, and goes back to oust the man who resisted their last attempt after Jack and Kate were rescued. Not Ben.......................John Locke.

And i lose another mental battle with the Lost in my head.

Cpt.McCloud said:
I never watched season3.

How can you say this? Season three has been the best yet by far, It's had the most mystery the most excitement I don't no how you could think that.

Any ways the flash forward was sweet, charlie died and locke lived, what more could you ask for in a season finale?

zachp18 said:
i think that instead of each cast member having a "flashback", they will possibly have a "flashforward".:yesnod:

Yeah that's what the general populous has been thinking, could be very cool. I also want some eps dedicated to the ancient part of the island like the four towed statue the ancient temple, ethan...

Wii Ron said:
I bloody love Lost. But i refuse to be drawn into thinking up theories anymore because its not good for the mind. It takes over.
Charlie isnt dead. Jacob is in the box. Jack joins the group of people (Niaomi's people) who were looking for the island in the first place, and goes back to oust the man who resisted their last attempt after Jack and Kate were rescued. Not Ben.......................John Locke.

And i lose another mental battle with the Lost in my head.

:lol:
That's the fun of a mystery show like Lost, trying to work out what the heck is going on.

Back