Error Code 52140 When Performing The Connection Test Using A Usb Dongle

Porg

WiiChat Member
Jan 16, 2007
Hi. I was wondering if anyone else had had a problem whilst performing the connection test on the Wii?

I keep getting an error code of 52140 when I run the connection test. I've phoned Nintendo about this and they seem to be as puzzled as me as the 52140 error code relates to a wireless router and not to a genuine plug in USB Nintendo wifi adapter.

I've tried disabling the internet worm protection on Norton, disabling Norton completely and also disabling window's firewall as instructed by Nintendo but I still get the same error message! Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Porg said:
Hi. I was wondering if anyone else had had a problem whilst performing the connection test on the Wii?

I keep getting an error code of 52140 when I run the connection test. I've phoned Nintendo about this and they seem to be as puzzled as me as the 52140 error code relates to a wireless router and not to a genuine plug in USB Nintendo wifi adapter.

I've tried disabling the internet worm protection on Norton, disabling Norton completely and also disabling window's firewall as instructed by Nintendo but I still get the same error message! Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

P.s. I also use Talk Talk broadband if that makes a differance?

Try connection something else to the wirelss USB, chances are that it's not going to work which means something with your computer config.

Back