Error code 52040

Durhamster

WiiChat Member
Jul 11, 2007
I got a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB connector, hooked it up, and installed the software. Every time I try a connection test however, I get Error Code 52040. I was able to grant permission for my Wii to connection though so I don't get why it wont work for the connection test. I turned off my windows firewall, windows defender, and the auto protect on my Norton anti virus. I don't have any other anti spyware, anti virus, or firewalls on this computer. My internet provider is Comcast in case that may help, and I'm using a cable modem (Motorola SB5120).

Error code lookup: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/

Error Code: 52040

The Wii console is not able to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector.

1. Try uninstalling the Nintendo Wi-FI USB Connector software, and re-install. For step-by-step directions, including a link to the latest software, click here.

2. Does your PC have any security programs (firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-adware, etc.) installed? If you are using the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, and have a software firewall or other computer security program installed on your computer, there may be additional steps you must complete to allow a successful connection.

"Trusted" Applications:
If your firewall or PC security program keeps a list of trusted applications (also known as a "trusted zone"), the following programs are installed with the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, and require internet communications. If prompted by your firewall or PC security program, add these to the list of trusted applications. This information may also apply to certain computer security applications, such as anti-virus, anti-spyware, etc.:
o Nintendo Wi-Fi Connector USB (NintendoWFCReg.exe)
o Setup.exe (when installing the USB Connector)
o SoftAPInstDrv.bin
o mdriver.exe

3. It is possible that your Internet Service Provider (ISP) is not compatible with the Wii console. For instance, if you need to login with a user name and password when you try to go online for the first time after restrarting your PC, your ISP is likely not compatible. Please contact your service provider for more information.

If you are still receiving this error code, it is likely that the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector is not compatible with your current home network.

Back