Eternal Sonata

The_Mitch

UNACCEPTABLE
Jul 13, 2006
Milford Ohio
Wii Online Code
2025-2025-2025-2025
anyone played this game yet? it is AMAZING! i havent played any good turn based RPGs in a long time (ff8 was the last one) for the fact the battle system get kinda old. however this system is awesome. when its your turn you have 5 seconds to do what you need to do like attack, heal, move, ect. also the story so far is really good (wont spoil anything). i absolutely love the in game music (not soundtrack worthy but great as ingame music). also the graphics are really good. it is cell shaded but then again its not. i cant really explain it its just awesome looking. anyways back to the battles. they may seem easy at first but as you level up so does your "party level." what the party level does is make the battle system harder to use. for example at level 1 your 5 second timer only goes down when you are actually doing something. level 2 it starts the moment you do something and keeps going even if you dont follow your first action with another. level 3 adds something called a "tactical timer" in which you have a small amount of time before the 5 second timer automatically starts going down. i dont know whats past that because i havent unlocked any of the other 8 levels. i highly suggest anyone who is an RPG fan to try this out. it is an amazing RPG and only the 2nd turn based RPG on the 360.

I haven't played it. One of my friends online is always on it. So, he must enjoy it quite a bit.

I tend to enjoy turn based rpg's as well. Although I never really got into FF, I was very disappointed that Super Paper Mario wasn't turn based. The first two were really solid turn based.

from what i understand the japanese still arent for it, and their the only ones who matter. =/

I don't entirely understand the bias that Japanese consumers have towards the 360. There are plenty of solid games that the Japanese would lunge for over if it was on a sony or nintendo platform. But since, it's on the 360, they don't get it. It's almost sad what they are missing out on.

Oh well, they're loss.
Well thanx Mitch2025 for the nice little review. I was always thinking about looking at this game and picking it up, now I'll know i'll have to.
Thanx a bunch man.

nic7 said:
I don't entirely understand the bias that Japanese consumers have towards the 360. There are plenty of solid games that the Japanese would lunge for over if it was on a sony or nintendo platform. But since, it's on the 360, they don't get it. It's almost sad what they are missing out on.
japan has always been focused on japan made products...theres a reason behind it, but thats just the way it is. :sick: good thing the american market is the largest!

Back