Ethics - Do you Cheat The System?

cosmichobo

WiiChat Member
Dec 7, 2007
G'day,

I'm new to Wii - as in, less than 2 weeks...

I noticed when playing Baseball in the sports game pack that came with my Wii, that no matter how fast - or slow - I tried to pitch the ball, I couldn't get much variance between about 100-105mph (kph?).

Then I tried "flicking" the remote - whamo - 150+...

Now - as an Aussie, baseball isnt my thing anyway, so maybe its cos I "bowl" (as in cricket) rather than "pitch"... overarm... but that is how the demo said to do it - over your head.

This method has also improved my home runs, and boxing - but how do you feel about it?

Maybe this is a bit too deep and meaningful for a game... :}

cheers

cosmic

Sketch Turner said:
Just depends on how hard you jerk the wiimote and how fast the pointer goes across the screen
Its nothing to do with the pointer going across the screen.

Well that game works more like a demo then an actual game. The point of wii sports was for it to show how the wii remote was gonna play out on diffrent games so the user can have a general idea. by far the best controls ive played with is Metroid prime.

thats not cheating thats how its suposed to work
if u flick it ur actually moving the wiimote faster and the sensers are picking it up

uhu

But what I think what he means is if we all stick to the control scheme or use our own.

Like when you need to throw a nade in medal of honor: do you actually throw it or just shake the nunchuck?

For me when I play alone I usualy dont stick with those "rules" because I want to sit down and relax while I play a game.

I dont actually do what games tell me to do. I basically just shake my wii-mote most of the time the same way in every game to do w/e is the task. The motion sensors isnt as revolutionized as they make you think. Just shake/flick on every game and it will work fine.

To cyberz: thats how I do it, as a gamer I dont want to stand there and actually throw to do things. Thats why I go outside every week for and play basketball.

Back