Europe release dates suck

wiigotdawii

A guy who ain't named Bob
Feb 4, 2007
Scotland
I really think it's unfair how game publishers just shove us (and in fact all other english speaking countries outside the US) to the side and say 'you can wait for now'.
List of a few Wii games where we just get shoved to the side:
1. SSBB: US: December 3 2007, UK: Q1 2008
2. BWii: US: October 29 2007, UK: Nobody knows when some say Q4 2007, December 2007 and some say Q1 2008.
3. MP3: US: August 27 2007, UK: October 26 2007
4. Excite Truck: US: November 19 2006, UK: February 16 2007
Now there have been a few games where we got it before our US counterparts (e.g. strikers).
I just find this very irritating.
Why can't games just be released worldwide on the same day? I mean I'm sure that would be reeeeally hard for publishers to do. I can understand one or two days but not whole months, I mean come on. Is it that hard? It’s not like there’s any translation involved.
This is where my rant ends. I could go on for hours about how annoying this is but I won't.
Edit: UK not EU

Last edited:
But..there IS translation envoloved lol. All games in europe have to be traslted into many languages so that evryone can understand.

Thats why we get them so late, but what bugs me is...why do BRITAIN ge it so late? we speak the same damn language as the americans, so there isnt traslation needed.

Sorry thats what I meant why don't the UK get the same dates?

Last edited:
one thing.

if you didnt know what the US release datees were, you would not be as annoyed and would not realise the time difference so there for it would not matter.

therefor dont find out the us release dates and you will not find it as annoying

Yeah, the difference in release dates is mainly due to the time taken for translation. Even though English is spoken in both the US and UK, companies will not release the game in the UK until translation for all the other European languages such as Italian, French and so on have been completed.

NTSC to Pal conversion is required and think of all those dollar signs that need to be changed to pounds. And btw, last i heard BW2 is being released here first. Go on IGN.com

Vigilantiast said:
And btw, last i heard BW2 is being released here first. Go on IGN.com
Well IGN says it's coming out tomorrow and I sincerely doubt that.
Maybe I'll just do this:
JT. said:
I'll just wait three weeks, go into a shop, not find BWii, then make IGN either give me a copy, or I sue them for making me waste money on a bus ticket to the store.
(was written three weeks ago)

Agreed,I mean we speak the same language ffs...
Whats there to translate?

And we pay more for our games!

Nintendo hates us. Translation and NTSC to PAL conversion should not take months when Microsoft can usually manage release dates within 2 weeks of America.

Could this be brought up anymore? How many times is this going to be brought up? Yes we realize generally the US gets games before the UK, there isn't anything that can be done with it, I am sorry you get screwed, but can we not make anymore threads about this please.

your just saying that because you live in the us....;)
nah i'm joking if you dont like waiting for the games you could get your chip and have a mod chip put in and play games from the usa

Mingus said:
Ummm.... why don't you just get on Ebay and by a version. Do the American versions not work on your system?

*explains that region locking means that games from one region won't work in another region unless you modify your console*

No

Back