Europredicament!

ouii

WiiChat Member
Sep 27, 2007
Greetings, Wiidom Fighters:

I had been trying to get a Wii (living in upstate NY and northern NJ) for, like, months. Basically since launch, and had no avail due to shortages.

Then, recently, I moved to France. The Wii (which, I believe, is called the "Ouii" here) is very disponible. The thing is, there are a few issues if I buy one. One is, I don't know how long I'm going to be here. Could be only until December, could be for more than a year or even a few years. So I'd like to have one while I'm here. So:

1) If I buy one here in the France, it will be PAL version. Does anyone know if I could hook this up to a computer monitor regardless of whether it is PAL or NTSC?

2) If I have one shipped from Old Country, it will be NTSC. Does anyone know if it is easy/expensive to get a converter that can display NTSC input on a PAL TV? Or vice-versa?

3) If I end up moving back to the US, and I take a Eurowii with me, is it a big deal to get it modded so that it can play North America region games? Or, vice-versa- is it a big deal to get an American one modded to play French-released? What are issues involved? How expensive?

4) It's true that games are released way later or sometimes not at all in Europe? This might affect my decision to get the North American or European one. I can deal with English and French language games... but Frankly I'd find English easier to deal with. I hope at least Ubisoft releases first here...

I need some help from some people who are knowledgeable about regional/hardware issues. Please? Cause I have been waiting a buttload* of time to get a Wii of my own.

THANK YOU! :thumbsup:

1 US buttload = 3.785 Metric buttloads

trisyyy said:
your in the wtrong section, go to http://www.wiichat.com
then go to the forums, then go to the bottom and it says introduce yourself, and post this message there.
oh and hi! :D

He's not in the wrong section, he's asking about the Wii and it's video hardware output. (PAL or NTSC)

I can only offer very little insight, but most modern tvs (in the UK anyway) offer ntsc/pal switching capabilities, and I'm pretty sure monitors are fine either way, depending on the input source?

Back