HELLO & tricky question

jul94

WiiChat Member
Nov 15, 2007
Hi guys,

My name's JuL and just arrived on the forum. I have a tricky question for you all :

Do you know if there are region codes between the different Wii systems ? (eg : Can I buy a Wii game in Japan or France and play it here in the states on my american Wii ?)

Second one : Same thing but for the virtual games (like old school, that's what I like, NeoGeo, Genesis, etc ... ) ?

And final one : My best buddy who lives in France wants me to get a Wii so we can play games (actual new ones AND virtual console games) together via the internet. Do you guys know if we can do that technicaly ?

All right, still have a last one actually : Since my job has me to move quite often and to different countries, IF I buy a Wii here I guess that I would not be able to use it in Japan or France (I am French if you are still wondering ... hum ...) since the video standard is different between PAL and NTSC, however, if I buy another Wii in the next country I move to, could I still use the virtual games I would have had bought here on my first Wii ?

Well, I guess that's it for tonight. If you have any answers that'd be great.

Thanks to you all and take care.

JuL

Yes the WIi is region locked. Games bought in Europe will only work on a European Wii.

I'm not sure if buying a VC game from Europe would work on a NA console. My guess would be no. (NTSC vs PAL would be my guess as the issue)

Yep. You can play with your friends in France any Wii game you want. No VC games are online multiplayer (yet?) though. So that aspect of your question is no.

Nope. The games you purchase on your European Wii will only work on that particualar Wii. You can not transfer the VC games form one console you own to another.

My question

Hey there,

Thanks a lot for the answers, it helped a lot.

Well, I guess that Nintendo has not reached that "let's play together" state of mind entirely yet ... at least not internationaly !

Have a good night.

JuL

Back