Everyone will know if you cheat on your Gamerscore!!!

Carts

WiiChat Member
Mar 5, 2008
Quote:
About Gamerscore corrections

A gamerscore correction occurs on a player’s LIVE account when they gain achievements through avoiding game play and the use of external tools. LIVE is committed to keeping the service free of this type of behavior as it violates the LIVE Terms of Use. When abnormal achievement or gamerscore activity is found, LIVE modifies the gamerscore of players who meet specific and automated criteria.

A LIVE player who obtained their gamerscore in this abnormal way will

Find their gamerscore reset to zero, and
Be unable to regain all previously earned achievements, and
Be labeled as a “cheater” for the community to view.

While players who have been identified by these criteria will start from a zero gamerscore, they will still be able to gain achievements for future games. In other words, we give them another chance to earn future achievements by earning them as other “fair” players do. The original gamerscore correction will remain permanent without any way to appeal.

Questions and answers
Under what circumstances does LIVE correct a specific gamerscore?
Specific and automated criteria are used to determine if a player has earned achievements by using tools that circumvent the game or avoid game play entirely. A player who meets these criteria has their gamerscore corrected.

How does LIVE know a player has been cheating on their gamerscore versus another player?
We look for abnormal achievement and gamerscore activity using criteria that identifies users who have used external means to earn achievements without really playing the game. Users who play games legitimately to earn an achievements are unaffected by this.

Does being a “cheater” change a player’s experience on LIVE?
We only correct the player’s current gamerscore and label them as a “cheater.” This label can be observed on Xbox.com, and through the player’s view of their gamercard on a console or PC connected to LIVE. They are still allowed to legitimately gain future achievements and the player’s experience doesn’t change in any other way.

I think I know someone who has been “cheating” – why haven’t you corrected their gamerscore?
For gamerscore corrections, cheating is when you gain achievements through avoiding game play and the use of external tools. If a player hasn’t met specific criteria then we don’t correct their gamerscore. If your definition of cheating is different, then gamerscore correction isn’t the answer – you should consider reporting the user through the feedback reporting system. It is also possible that the player is not cheating at all.

I’ve had my gamerscore corrected, is there any way to appeal the decision?
There is no way to appeal a gamerscore correction. We only correct gamerscores for players who meet the criteria 100%. Your best choice is to show the community you won’t do it again.

But it was my little brother/roommate/guest that did this using my gamertag. Can I appeal?
No. As is outlined in the Terms of Use you are responsible for all activity on your account.

I’m worried I might get my gamerscore corrected. What should I do?
Like the vast majority of Xbox LIVE members, if you earn achievements by playing through games like any other player, then you have nothing to worry about. Gamerscore correction only applies to players who use external means or avoid game play to earn achievements.

I’ve heard of other players getting banned. Why don’t you just ban these gamertags?
We believe in players reforming themselves, which is why gamerscore correction only applies to previously earned achievements. This allows these players to earn achievements like other “fair” players without having to get banned from LIVE. However, any user who violates the LIVE Terms of Use is subject to having their gamertag banned.

Here is a funny example (known for being the first to acheive 100,000 GS) http://live.xbox.com/en-GB/profile/profile.aspx?pp=0&GamerTag=stripclubdj

lol the dude with the top gamerscore got his reduced to 0!!!!!! its so awesome, all those months (actual 30 sessions of 24 hours) he put into it and its all for NOTHING. if i was him id seriously kill myself.

Back