Extra geetar for guitar hero 3?

MilseCools

WiiChat Member
Nov 12, 2007
I've looked on amazon, ebay, craigslist, etc. I can't find anybody with a second guitar for GH3. I know they don't sell it yet without the game, but it's pretty hard to find anybody selling theirs when every time you search for it you only get the game+guitar bundle.

Does anybody know of any place to get one? Or any news on when Nintendo/Activision will release a guitar for sale sans the game?

they wont be selling any extra guitars for wii until maybe February or March....from what i heard

yep

Heard the same thing. No extra guitars till Feb or March. Keep rocking solo or find a friend with one and hook up with him.

What a rip-off! $60! That's outrageous. So, it's essentially a $100 controller as you need a Wiimote. Why isn't it cheaper because of that. I have to imagine it's much cheaper to manufactuer than the 360 and PS3 controllers as they have to have the wireless functionality built in. Why doesn't the Wii version get a price reduction?

gododgers said:
Um, if you already have a Wiimote, there is not need to buy another, meaning it is a 60 dollar controller, but a peripheral controller none the less.

Still, the fact that the majority of the technology is in the Wiimote and not the guitar itself should cut down the cost some. However, as it stands, the price is the same as the 360 versions, which contail ALL of the technology.

This is also assuming that you have a 2nd Wiimote. If you have to go buy one, you're nearly doubling the cost over a 360 one despite the fact that most of the technology is in the Wiimote.

Screw Activision.

That's exactly my thinking. I had a hard enough time forking out the same price to start with as the other consoles' versions. Now I have to do it again? Not bloody likely! Maybe a 3rd party guitar will come out. Can't be too hard since, as was already noted, the technology is in the wii remote anyway. Food for thought.

Back