Family playing Wii today.

LowTek

Snakes on a Wii!
May 8, 2007
So I had to work today, but last night my dad asked if he could take my Wii to my sisters' house for Mothers Day get together. I agreed.

So I get off work, and my dad said that my Grandpa (75) beat my brother in law (32) at Tennis. My mother (57) beat my brother in law as well.

My grandma (72) bowled and played tennis.

So awesome that they had a blast with a VIDEO GAME!!

So here is the crazy part. I guess after they all had their fun with Wii sports (the only game my dad took over there) my sister and brother in law busted out their DDR dance mat, and xbox, and everyone was playing the beginning levels.

Haha, so awesome. Sucks that I was at work all day and could not see them having fun with it.

... So I just got done hooking it back up at home so I can play some TP... word. =)

Have a good rest of the weekend people. MONDAY tomorrow... bleh.

I brought my wii to my brother's house. They had a cook out with our whole family there. My brother wanted to see what the wii is like. We hooked it up in a different room & started playing wii sports. Next thing we knew, our entire family was trying to squeeze in that little room to watch. Needless to say, I didn't get to play again until I got back home.

haha yeah have heard the wii really does suit everyone, in that respect ninty has done an awesome job

The first ever game console made by Nintendo was call "Famicom" in Japan, and it was short for "Family Computer". I think, now, Nintendo has re-discovered it's root in the family entertainment market. Leaving the grown-up video gaming market for the MS and Sony to fight each other out.

I also think Nintendo putting the FAMILY value in front of on-line play (with some strangers across the globe) is another smart move.

When the Wii first was released there was a video on the TV news, in norway, where a bunch of 80 year olds played Wii Sports and had a great deal of fun!

the motion controls really make it simple for everyone to use, my father is in his 80s and even he was able to play, i think thats where its true value is

damn, so many noobs in this thread..just go away!

lol jk, my Dad and brothers enjoy the wii alot. My mother loves watching us, but neer actually plays. lol wh knows. but my aunt and uncle also love it.

Back in April my wife threw a surprise party for my birthday and i had 12 people in my house... after dinner an presents I flicked on the Wii and the 92" projecton tv and we started a bowling and golf tourney... 5 hours later a few of my freinds were still there sitting back racing excite truck... The next day i woke up and holy crap was I sore!!! But not since i was about 13 have i enjoyed playing with a system as much as that night... Wii BABY I LOVE YOU...

I love my Wii to death but I am yet to have had any of those experience's or any thing close to it. maybe it is just because my family is a little bit pathetic?:sad:

slumlordkuype said:
Back in April my wife threw a surprise party for my birthday and i had 12 people in my house... after dinner an presents I flicked on the Wii and the 92" projecton tv and we started a bowling and golf tourney... 5 hours later a few of my freinds were still there sitting back racing excite truck... The next day i woke up and holy crap was I sore!!! But not since i was about 13 have i enjoyed playing with a system as much as that night... Wii BABY I LOVE YOU...
you sir make me nervous:shocked:

I never really believed in the whole wii bringing the whole family together but at Christmas I couldn't believe my eyes, My grandma, uncle, aunt, parents and sister were playing it together. Its pretty funny :lol:

Nice! I play Wii with my friends a lot, but I've yet to play it with my family. But it is those kinds of experiences that I think Nintendo was aiming for, hence the name of Wii.

Back