FIFA 08 - Your thoughts!

Just been beasting it for around 3 hours now, mainly online, although I did a few challenges. It seems to me that when I start out playing, I really enjoy it, but when I'm tired and probably quite narky, I get pissed off with it that it doesn't do the things I want it to do! Like f*cking shoot! I'm going to be honest now, I like the game, because it's Fifa and everything is up-to-date. I like the new systems and ball physics. But I would definitely prefer to be playing it with a normal controller. Definitely. The main problem is simply shooting. I rarely used to slide tackle on 07, so that isn't much of a problem (although when I do it's annoying that it doesn't always work). But the shooting annoys me a lot sometimes. I used to think it was hard as it was something that needed to be mastered. But I've come to the conclusion that it's luck whether you actually do the shot you want (a normal one rather than a finesse), or even whether you just shoot at all! Why can't I press a button and have a power meter that works with how long I hold the button? Personally, in creating more realistic football games, Fifa has taken a step backwards with the Wii. I'm sure, sure there could be a better way! It's so annoying because it's so important that when I want to shoot I should shoot, otherwise it's pathetic! Just imagine in real life, for example Thierry Henry has just been threaded through by Ronaldinho, he's one on one with the keeper, the ball is perfectly in front of him to be able to slot it home (or at least attempt a shot)...but he just runs into the keeper 0_0 I don't think that that would be quite real! Another thing, if a defender is running alongside the attacker, it doesn't matter who's faster, and the defender knocks the ball in front of them both in an attempt to get the ball, why the f*ck would that make the attacker stall for a second? Because it pisses me off so much when that happens! It's like, 'Why have you stopped running? He didn't even touch you, he knocked the ball away! Go after it!' But by that time the defender has taken posession and cleared te ball. Right I'm going to bed, rant over...laters everyone

hey daz will b online later if u fancy couple of games maybe about 9

Back