Finally got a Wii

vtrider159

WiiChat Member
Jul 20, 2007
Northeast U.S.
Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself. I just got a Wii after looking for one for about a month or so. First off, I should say that I am not a hordcore gamer and the only other console I have is a PS2 because of the Gran Tourismo series.

I had a NES when I was a kid and the whole retro gaming with the Wii remote became somewhat of a crazed addiction of mine after playing on a friend's Wii a few months ago. I like the Wii for what it is and have read endless reviews on its shortcommings and highlights, but the fun factor is what I like, the ability to interact with up to 4 players at a party is what attracted me along with some classic titles.

I am a gaming noob, so I have been reading the forums for awhile now and got the basic ideas of how the system works. I look forward to many hours of fun with this console when I have the time.

I bought the console at a Costco and there were 8 in stock at 4pm. I got it at 8pm and there was only one left after mine. I got it for $335.00 and it came with sports and Mario Party 8. I haven't had time to test the game out, but it's cool to have another game.

Thanks for reading....off to explore some new games.

Hey, welcome to WiiChat, the best Wii Forum on the web. Follow all the Rules and Regulations an most importantly enjoy your Wii! I hear Costco has pretty good deals on video game bundles. What sports games did you get?

Thanks, I am also a major automotive fanatic and race fan, I see in your sig and figured you were when I saw the jag.

I got Wii sports and was playing my friend in bowling and tennis. Her and I were playing like we were kids again and we are over 30 haha.

I looked at other forums, but this was the largest and before I registered today, I was a pretty learned wii consumer.

Costco has wii's on occasion and a friend of mine works there so I had her watching out for deliveries....patience pays off I guess.

heyaz new personz!! welcome to wiichat. #1 thing to remember is to follow da rulez. u dont want to be banned!! have fun and if you need any help feel free to pm any one of us.

If you're into racing titles, they have a few on the Wii already, such as Need for Speed Carbon. I'm not into racing as much myself, but I had it and I thought it was pretty cool how you could just free drive around the fairly large city and try to escape the cops.

I saw the reviews for that game on IGN, I went to rent it and it was out along with many others.

I have been playing Wii sports with close friends and they all have their own Mii's now. There have been some pretty intense boxing matches and baseball games.

I have Mario Party 8, Got it with the bundle. I haven't had time to introduce myself to it, but I'll get into it soon when Wii sports wears off on me. I have been looking at other games and hope to get the wii online to be able to download the old games I grew up with.

I'm off to see how that works now, I figure I need a wireless router because I have a PC at home with cable connection. I'm new to all this, so while i have time, I'll check out some FAQ's and other things.

I have been over the rules and I'm active in alot of forums, so I know that dumb and irresponsible behavior ends up in a ban, the Wii is fun, and that's what I'm here for.

Also, I've checked out Gamefly, and people here seem to like it. I hope to see more titles soon.

Welcome to the forum vtrider159.

Glad to hear you enjoy your Wii.

Syntax- I see from your blog that we are both boarders....nice.

Unfortunately I'm not that good :)

But I must admit its fun. Even if I'm not the best when it comes to snowboarding.

It's okay man, I an 31 years old and started skiing at 4 or so. I switched over to a Burton Elite 150 Hardtail in the 80's, then went back to skiing. I started boarding in 2002 with a Burton Air again and now board in New England and Vermont with a Ride board.....I have been through the trick and freestyle days on skis and now just freeride and make turns so to speak.

Nice. I began snowboarding around 2003. However I only snowboard for about 14 days out of the year.. So I don't get that much practice. Although when I get a chance to go I take it. As for where I board I spend most of my time up at Whistler and Cypress. Must say both mountains are amazing.

Last edited:
Wow. whistler is great from what I hear. I always wanted to go there and may have the chance thisupcomming season. I try to ride weekly if I can and if the snow isn't crappy.

Back