Finally scored the Browser!

[DT]

Gearhead Surf Coder
Aug 30, 2007
Vilano Beach, FL
I had a $20 points card, and I've been curious about the Browser, do I finally downloaded it. Figured it was worth the $5 to mess around with - though we have so many ways to browse the web around this house, it's really not needed :lol:

Anyway, I was reasonable impressed with it! The performance was decent through our wireless router and firewall (DSL 6.0). The browser UI was not bad! The scaling on the zoom feature is well executed.

I was also happy with the compatibly of Opera on the Wii - hit up several fave sites, and everything worked great. I stumbled on a few sites that required a newer version of Flash, so of course the Flash elements didn't display. Solid cookie and Javascript implementations too.

The Javascript was actually very impressive as I logged into one of our secure sites (also noted the good SSL handling) which makes ample use of AJAX and everything worked just about perfect (there were some formatting issues since they're designed for an IE spec).

Nice job! We had a good time looking at some pics posted on one of my car MB's from a recent show - much better on a big TV vs. a monitor!

~DT

way better than the free internet browser. Also more comfy from the lounge but my computer is right next to my beautiful Wii:ciappa:

imwiied said:
way better than the free internet browser. Also more comfy from the lounge but my computer is right next to my beautiful Wii:ciappa:

Ah yeah, I was wondering about the Beta/Free release vs. this final production version.

Browsing on the TV, with the Wii interface is almost like a totally different experience than from a PC (and I spend like 10-12 hours a day online).

~DT

arcticreaver said:
i got the free version. anyone know what the difference is between the free and the final?

It depends. When it was first released, it was the beta version and was free. Then they released the final version and it was still free for a couple months but you still had to download it again.

If you got the free beta and never upgraded while the final version was still free, then you're not using the final version.

$5 well spent, but I am happy i got mine for free. the beta sucked and i was hoping i didnt have to pay for the "final" version but the final product came out very well and if i had to pay the $5 i would have. i use it all the time.

Back