Wii Wish For A Better Browser (and other things)

daiyu

WiiChat Member
Jan 11, 2008
Suppose this is the umpteenth thread on ways the Wii browser can be even better, but I thought I might as well throw in my half-cent's worth of things to think about for Wii Browser 2.0, just so I really don't have to ever again walk the three feet from my tv to my computer:

1. Quicktime and mp3 codecs: playing back youtube videos on the wii is already crazy awesome; how much cooler would it be if you could play back movie trailers from apple.com and all the random mp3 movies on the web?

2. cookie storage: it's just plain awful having to type in your username and password everytime you access a site.;-) Actually unsure whether this is the Wii's problem, or my problem for not knowing how to activate cookies.

3. Option to get rid of the virtual keyboard and simply type directly into text boxes, as it works on computers (obviously, only if you have a wireless keyboard connection). At the very least, add an "enter and submit" button (mapped to a keyboard combination) that works like the Nintendo DS browser, so that you can enter text and have the website process the input with one keystroke. These points seem like they would be the easiest to address (i.e., require the least amount of programming) so hopefully we'll see improvement in this area fairly soon.

Again, good job Nintendo, you've already given us a great browser. These are just some ideas about how to make it even better. And I offer these points fully aware that I might just not know of solutions that already address them. So, feel free to correct/amend/add as necessary...

As for the other things. When the heck is someone coming out with a full-fledged tennis game, with online capabilities? I've had my Wii for almost a year now and I *still* play the tennis game that came with the silly thing more than all the other games combined...

Back