Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
Anyone else feeling a little left out with all the Nintendo Japan love going around lately? Well if you do you might wanna stop reading :p

Nintendo Japan have posted up a couple of trailers for their upcoming RPG title Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn.

http://wii.com/jp/movies/fire-emblem-movie1/
http://wii.com/jp/movies/wii-cm-soft21/

The trailers showcase the opening gameplay movie and a touch of gameplay, it does look stunning.

Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn is scheduled for release on February 22nd in Japan. Slated for 'sometime' in 2007 for other regions.

Wow!! I was hoping they would have plans for a Fire Emblem for the Wii. Hopefully it won't be too long before a US version comes out.

Yeah I looked at another video and said ah well just another one of those RPG's where you constantly hit A waiting for the sequences to come by but these videos suprised me

Okay I LOVE the trailers and the gameplay looks really good...but the problem is that I've never played an RPG before and I don't know what to expect. Well thats not true I've played the FF with Luna but I didn't go to far with it because it wasn't my system or game and I wasn't able to form an opinion on it. Do they get boring after awhile? Should I get this or FF: Crystal Chronicles (although from what I've heard its not even a true part of the franchise). Should I just get Fire Emblem and then wait for the next installment of FF (FF 14 I'm guessing)? Any answers would be greatly appreciated. PM me if you'd like to respond and it will take to long explain in 1 post.

Well there are good RPG's and bad one's, Okay so that was obvious anyway I haven't seen a long enough gameplay sequence. They do get boring if there isn't variety and you are in a battle after walking 5 steps I think the appropriate amount of battles is about a battle per 1:30 average

I'm definitely gonna get this on release day but it raises the question of why there isn't one on the DS yet. Handhelds are easily the best medium for FE games. ('cept 4 and thracia but 7 was very good)

A battle for every 30 steps? Is that what you mean? Seems like a lot. And you never said which you prefer? FF or FE?

Dallan said:
Looks very nice, the Wii could use another good RPG. But as always when I see a new Wii game, I wonder how the controls are going to work...

How many buttons do you really need in an FE game? GBA ones worked just fine with 4 buttons, start select and dpad. Wii controller has 4 buttons, start, select, and a dpad.

Finally looks like Final Fansety got a rival and its name is Fire Emblem, the graphics's (like Zelda) Show us what Wii games should looks like.

You can't really compare Fire Emblem to Final Fantasy.

Fire Emblem is a turn based strategy RPG.

And on topic, I am loving this game. I will buy it as soon as its available down under, until then I'll be following all news developments.

Isn't Final Fantasy an RPG? Whats the difference? And yeah I'm sorta with you when you say that Final Fantasy is on a different level. Thats the ONLY reason I'd ever get PS3 and thats just to experience FF XIII.

FE is turn-based where you control all of your units in any order. FF is all about speed. Its kinda how FFT:A isn't a classic FF game.

Back