Fist of the North Star Wii discussion

cheezemasta

WiiChat Member
Feb 26, 2007
Oregon
Wii Online Code
1756-9947-9807-1604
I just posted on a previous topic discussing Fist of the North Star on the Wii. I thought this could use a thread of it's own and let some other people chime in on this.

There have been a great number of Fist of the North Star games and I think that the Wii would be a great system to continue this saga.

One of my favorite Fist of the North Star Games was Punchmania or otherwise known as FightingMania.
punchmania.jpg

This was an awesome and action packed game which you could play as different characters from the game depending on which difficulty you were playing on and fight against classic characters from the series. It was layed out on the screen like you were actually fighting the character from the anime and when the pads flipped out and a light appeared on the pad you would punch it.

This game may sound easy, but took considerable skill because they set it up where you had to do complex and fast motions. Also after finishing off a character you would do a fatality which usually requires exact punches or unleashing as many punches on the pads as fast as you can which was very tiring.

I think this could go over well on the wii with a little tweaking to how the punches are registered.

The other game from the Fist of the North Star series is the new fighting game on the Atomiswave from the creators of Guilty Gear and which has recently been released on the Japanese PS2. This game would be an obviously easy port over to the wii and would definitely feed the need for a 2D Fighter release on the wii.

Here are some screens from the game:
4790379sf.jpg

4790519qp.jpg

hokuto_ps2_1.jpg

You can find more pics or maybe even videos of this online for more info.

I'm open to some discussion on this and how all of you feel these games would work out on the wii.

Back