Foooooooood!!!!

Yeah. Isn't it obvious? Coffee being a prime example, I drank a lot because I thought it would help wake me up for school in the morning (it didn't, I'm apparently resistant to that to some extent), and I just kept drinking it because I grew to really love how it tasted. It's an acquired taste, it's not something you just like right away.

On the other hand, I don't care much for tea. Probably because I don't have it very much, and tea is an acquired taste too, though probably less so then coffee.

A non drink related example is my brief obsession with egg salad. I can't stand that stuff now, but I used to love it.

Ah, that too. Many grand foods are "acquired tastes". Typically that which is bitter or simply real out there and foreign in flavor (literally foreign foods too since they can oft taste radically different from what ya normally eat). Said stuff doesn't really appeal to ya taste buds 'til you've adjusted to just how strange said flavors are. Once that adjustment occurs, ya can truly enjoy the foodstuff.

Even if ya don't end up a (wannabe) gourmand like myself, you'll definitely notice how ya acquire tastes over time.

Ah, that too. Many grand foods are "acquired tastes". Typically that which is bitter or simply real out there and foreign in flavor (literally foreign foods too since they can oft taste radically different from what ya normally eat). Said stuff doesn't really appeal to ya taste buds 'til you've adjusted to just how strange said flavors are. Once that adjustment occurs, ya can truly enjoy the foodstuff.

This stuff also applies to video games. Just give it more time.

I would list seafood as an example, but I think I always would have enjoyed good seafood. It just wasn't until a few years ago that I first tried good seafood. My mom just happens to suck at cooking fish (she's great at cooking otherwise). In fact, tonight she made grilled tuna which I refused to eat because it tastes like garbage. I got a Costco chicken bake instead. =w=

You've no right to say that, as ya don't appreciate coffee in the first place.
*squints eyes* Tea. Over. Coffeeeeeeeeeeeee.
For some reason I don't like coffee nor tea.

And I've tried both.
If you tasted coffee before tea, that's you problem.
Coming from you, you're only hurting its reputation.
Last time I checked Tea doesn't need reputation. You're only making a fool outta yourself by bringing a bad rep over coffee.... Keep it up.:p

I like any seafood. It's too rare to pass up. Automatically assume it's good, like a placebo.

Last time I checked Tea doesn't need reputation. You're only making a fool outta yourself by bringing a bad rep over coffee.... Keep it up.:p

It means your bad taste explains your love for it.

I've yet t' hear of Assasin raving on 'bout how he loves vile kitchen concoctions which would shame coffee by association, King.

It means your bad taste explains your love for it.

I've yet t' hear of Assasin raving on 'bout how he loves vile kitchen concoctions which would shame coffee by association, King.
*gasp* NO! It's too late! I wasn't fast enough.... You have been consumed by that repulsive rat dropping! Damn, you Coffee! Burn in Hell!!!
Assasin, are you anti tea as well? (I'm only anti tea to to present bias, I'll work on that soon)

It's too late. Forget about him. He will listen and see words that have coffee and hate coffee.

Back