Forecast Channel Live!

Okay, how do you reset the settings for the forecast channel? I think i chose the wrong date and now it's showing me a day behind as default (i have to click "tommorow" for todays weather ><

It's pretty cool and I even found out an island I've never heard of before. It's called Christmas Island around Australia. :lol: The temps look great there! I wanna go on vacation!

I thought it would be pretty sick if it had like google satellite. Then we can zoom in pretty close. :cool:

Joe said:
its going to come out in the states December 20th...

I live in Virginia, and just downloaded it. It's awesome.

It's not coming tomorrow, it's out today!

Nitslap said:
Has anyone had problems downloading this update? Mine sat stuck with a progress bar at the bottom for a half hour. I called Nintendo and their lines were all busy helping others. I read their online support and it said to set the Wi-Fi channel to 1 or 11. I did so but still no luck. I left it updating while I came to work. It says to not power off the system. It would suck if this update crashed my Wii.

I am having the same issue. I called home and apparently the bar is still sitting at nothing, something like 5 hours later. Great.

Any suggestions anyone?

Xanthan said:
geez its the freakin weather... If stuff like this keep people content and occupied then Nintendo will have no problem finding content, they just have to rewrite PC programs to run on the Wii. We all have access to Weather and News already, or you wouldn't be reading this post.

* sarcasm on* OMG OMG Nintendo just gave us a way to view something we have been able to view all this time for free!?! Sweet! *sarcasm off*

I'm starting to think if Nintendo bottled air, you'd buy it... and then cheer about how awesome it is to be able to buy Nintendo air.

And this isn't coming from a Nintendo hater, I love the Wii. But some of this useless support into multimedia would be better filled with DVD and CD support. You know... stuff gamers actually use.

no 1 baught wii just for the forecast... its a feature its a plus if it was a nintedo wii with a bottle of air than yes id buy it. some people may find it more convienient its not all about you:ciappa:

I remember back in the day I'd have to turn on the weather channel and wait through commercials. Then came the internet weather. I would still get spammed, and other flaws. But now I have Wii weather! I know it may sound lame, but I hate spam in any form.

Long time reader, first time poster. How long is it taking for all of you guys to get the update? I find the update speed painfully slow.

Maybe it's just me, but waiting for this thing is like watching grass grow....

My update also isn't working. I have tried 3 times now and each time it goes only so far and then doesn't move at all. Sort of annoying.

Moten said:
My update also isn't working. I have tried 3 times now and each time it goes only so far and then doesn't move at all. Sort of annoying.

I can chalk that up to a high demand on the servers, but every update I've ever done has been slow as molasses. Is the 802.11b that slow or are these updates that big?

Back