Found this funny.

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
Went into blockbuster, hoping to rent Metroid Prime 3. I figured I was too late and would have to come back another time, but luckily there was one, in fact 3 copies there. I looked around to see games like that Carnival one taken out and Barnyard, games that are not good etc, and wondered why no one had rented Corruption. Rented it and looked at the disc, brand new, which wasn't too shocking really, considering it just came out, but what was shocking to me was that it was in and some pretty bad games were out.

This ever happened to anyone else, with whatever sort of game?

Well, BlockBuster is pretty family-friendly. I bet a lot of 7-10-year-olds go to BlockBuster with their parents to rent movie-based games and that sort of thing. I only used to rent at my local "Video Barn" (was my favorite place ever), but now, in place of Video Barn, is a nail salon. A god damned nail salon. So I no longer rent.

I personally don't like renting games. I think its the fact that I feel rushed by the time limit, so I always buy my games and return them if I am not satisfied. I have not rented a single game to this day. :)

i rented a game once, it was kirby 64 and i only wanted to rent it to tryout the ubber cool new powers and power combos.

Most gamers avoid Blockbuster and their spew of broken CDs, made up late fees, and lack of availability. Most rent games through Gamefly, or buy them. I hope to see Blockbust die in the near future. They have the worst wages for a store that pulls in so much cash. The CEO argued the employees don't do enough to warrant decent pay.

Meh blockbuster's over here are fine, and if they let me rent what I want I don't see the problem I guess :lol:

Byuakuya said:
I personally don't like renting games. I think its the fact that I feel rushed by the time limit, so I always buy my games and return them if I am not satisfied. I have not rented a single game to this day. :)

I do the same exact thing. I only once had to bring a game back and this left me so disgusted that to this day I go to gamespot and read a review first.

Blockbuster really isn't the best place to rent a video game either. When I go in and browse while my mom picks up a movie, their choice of games are so dull and small.

Byuakuya said:

same here, i wouldn't want to go back to the video store by a certain time

I was debating wether or not to get Strikers Charged so I rented it and I thank God I did because in my opinion that game sucked and it would have been the biggest waste of $50.

Well I rent at Blockbuster but only because I'm 15 so I have no job to pay for Gamefly. But the only thing I hate about Blockbuster is:
1. You have to go to the store to rent games. No online.
2. They really only want to distrubute DVDs. By this I mean that if you ask for a game they probably have no idea what you're talking about. Unlike if you go to EB Games/Gamestop or rent online at GameFly.

CantGetAWii said:
Meh blockbuster's over here are fine, and if they let me rent what I want I don't see the problem I guess :lol:

thats cause we live in canada ...:ciappa:

Yeah I think it's more parents that rent games for their kids in places like that.. I mean none of my friends rent games they all buy them but my sister lets my nephew rent games and also my aunty lets my little cousins rent them too

It's kinda stupid not to rent games, especially if your unsure about how good a game is. Like my case, I didn't know if Strikers was gonna be good or not so I rented it for 3 days. Turned out I hated it so i saved myself about $45.

Back