Free Wii Connection, Yes!!!!!

DragonM3D said:
They made these special Wii certified Wi-Fi transmitters and inserted them into every Wii. Those transmitters then connect to the satelites that Nintendo USA and NASA deployed last month so that anyone in the western hemisphere can use Wii-Connect anywhere, with or without a wireless router. Japan did a similar launch with their satelites but just for the eastern hemisphere. Miyamoto told me himself via email. [email protected]
We've talked about this before and it's highly unlikely because it would cost Nintendo millions. I'd love to believe it, but I'm 99% sure it's not going to happen; atleast not for a few years, anyway.

Hey, I just want to make sure so this is clear, I have a wireless modem/router. So right when I jack up the Wii (lol sorry I just had to do that) I will be able to go online?

Sovieto said:
Hey, I just want to make sure so this is clear, I have a wireless modem/router. So right when I jack up the Wii (lol sorry I just had to do that) I will be able to go online?

Depends on the routers wireless settings. If you have encription security enabled (WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc...) you will obviously have to put in the password for that. Or if you have the routter set to not broadcast the existance of a wireless router (SSID...I think) you may want to disable it or identify the routter yourself instead of scanning for a wireless connection. Other than that, it should be pretty straight forward.

Hey guys i know 4 sure (soz, cant be stuffed finding the site AGAIN) that if someone in like 250m (not sure) has an internet connection on their Wii and ur like in a 250m radius of them then u can get their signal and use theirs 4 urs HOW SWEET IS THAT?!?!?!?:D

Sameiru said:
Hey guys i know 4 sure (soz, cant be stuffed finding the site AGAIN) that if someone in like 250m (not sure) has an internet connection on their Wii and ur like in a 250m radius of them then u can get their signal and use theirs 4 urs HOW SWEET IS THAT?!?!?!?:D

Pretty dumb. But I guess if you dont think of learning how to secure your wireless router, so broke-ass folks like yourself cant steal bandwitdth, then you might as well get your internet stolen. Come set up your Wii in the appartment next to mine. Just try and see if you can connect.:lol:

Im pretty sure it connects through your internet through your router.. so you will be paying for your net, but be using it with the wii also, therefore its free but your paying for your original net connection? ? maybe.. i dont know

Back