Freeloader

Source: GoNintendo
Wondering about how the Freeloader will handle Wii firmware upgrades? Well, Datel says it won’t be an issue. Datel themselves say that when a foreign disc is inserted, firmware upgrades are disabled. Datel also seems to believe that their product is future-proof as well. They should be releasing more information on the subject soon. For now, they’ve put out another high-res boxart to prove that the product does exist!

Edit: Sorry for the double post, but I thought this kind of news deserved a bump

surfinrach90 said:
Eddy, where you find that from?

I'm not interested in it.. but my Brawl addict of a lover boy is.. so, it's not going to work, y/n?

In wikipedia.org or you could also check nintendo.com.

By the way..since is a disc runing firmware is blockable the same way they blocked the GC one.

nkbswe5 said:
Source: GoNintendo
Wondering about how the Freeloader will handle Wii firmware upgrades? Well, Datel says it won’t be an issue. Datel themselves say that when a foreign disc is inserted, firmware upgrades are disabled. Datel also seems to believe that their product is future-proof as well. They should be releasing more information on the subject soon. For now, they’ve put out another high-res boxart to prove that the product does exist!

Edit: Sorry for the double post, but I thought this kind of news deserved a bump

I certainly hope that's true. If it is... Brawl and blood-filled No More Heroes, here we come! :)

Back