Frustrated

MAWii

WiiChat Member
Jun 7, 2010
I have a Wii plugged into my Denon AVR 1910 surround receiver using the Nintendo Wii branded component cable option for my console. I am getting sound, but I have to turn the volume up extremely high - something that Denon doesn't recommend. All other components using this Denon don't have low volume issues. For example, when I switch back to watching TV I have to turn the volume back down significantly to listen at an appropriate level. So this is an issue isolated to the Wii

I believe that everything is plugged in properly and all my settings on the surround receiver are set properly. I've also set the Wii console to 'surround.' I've even tried plugging another Wii console into my whole system - same issue. I've called Nintendo tech support and they didn't have a solution - they said this isn't a known issue. Sort of hard to believe. I've read online here and there about people having low volume issues when using surround sound with their Wii.

I'd appreciate any and all thoughts. Many thanks.

how many tv's do you have in yoyr house? im basically saying try it on another tv. I have stereo and it works fine

Thanks for the reply daisyJ27. I'll try hooking the Wii up to another TV to rule out a defective component cable or console. Although, I did try another Wii console in the same setup and still had the problem - I also tried the composite cables in the same system (swapping out the component) and actually got no sound - components did give me sound, just at very low level.

Appreciate any and all continued feedback.

It sounds like the first tv you hook it up to is the problem

Some Tv's have low volume that may be why its like that

Back