further investigation

I stopped reading after the "I've played and won 14-hour-long Halo tournaments".

That pretty much sums up the whole article.

I sort of agree with the guy about the crosshair deal. I mean it's not exactly accurate. The thing about it is that instead of pointing directly at something, you instead have to move the pointed in a direction relative to where the pointer is at the current time. It's pretty easy to get used to though. I mean you're not pointing EXACTLY at something when you launch Link's boomerang at it. But, I had no problems moving around the crosshairs until I did get it to where it needed to be. It's not accurate but the it's still awesome. The inaccuracy isn't something to not buy the Wii over. I have a feeling if people really start complaining then they will put sensoring devices in games that will increase accuracy. Maybe even send out an updated sensing software through the internet.

I've also never had any problems with the movement sensoring. It's been extremely responsive with my Madden 07 experience. It jukes at the right time, it stiff arms at the right time, no problems.

It doesn't break the system in my eyes.

wow, i don't know if this guy was playing some old test unit or is just retarded but it's certainly not as inaccurate as he describes. there's definitely a little bit of a learning curve but once you get the hang of it, it's very accurate. when i first played red steel i was shooting all over the place at guys and constantly trying to use the lock-on and zoom. less than 15 minutes later i found myself rarely using the lock-on feature anymore and picking guys off with ease. even during that learning curve time my crosshairs never went wacky.

mistame said:
wow, i don't know if this guy was playing some old test unit or is just retarded but it's certainly not as inaccurate as he describes. there's definitely a little bit of a learning curve but once you get the hang of it, it's very accurate. when i first played red steel i was shooting all over the place at guys and constantly trying to use the lock-on and zoom. less than 15 minutes later i found myself rarely using the lock-on feature anymore and picking guys off with ease. even during that learning curve time my crosshairs never went wacky.

He actually says right there that he was playing at a press release.:scared:

Wow i feel so much better, i am so gonna buy a Nintendo Wii, I cant wait to get one now :) :)

The one he was playing might also not have been adjusted yet. I hated it till I adjusted it and now it works great.

Doesn't the Wiimote have a calibration tool within the Wii, that allows you to tell the thing when you're pointing at the middle of the screen? Isn't that the whole point?

For anyone who has played Time Crisis on the PS1 with a light-gun, you would remember that the first thing you had to do when starting the game, was point the gun at the middle of the screen and shoot. If you screwed that up, the gun would be pointing at the enemies, and the shots would hit over the other side of the screen.

I think this guy was probably just too lazy to spend some time using the Wii, and expected it to work flawlessly without doing a simple calibration of the Wiimote. That seems to be the only reason why it would be working like that. Kinda stupid to tell people not to buy the console just because he wasn't willing to put in a few minutes to make it work properly.

Rand said:
how exactly do you adjust it?

In the Wii Menu/Wii Settings/Sensor Bar

Basically it a 1-6 setting. I didn't understand it at first but i'll put it in Lamens Terms. The 1-6 is how close your controller is to the sensor bar, 6 being the farthest.

me and my friend both picked up aiming like champs in red steel after about 10-20 minutes and now dominate that game.

Halo blows.

Back