Game play save/transfer

kevlar750

WiiChat Member
Mar 2, 2010
bay area
:confused5:I read in one of these threads that a USB hard drive can be used to save game data. If this is true, can data be transferred from one console to another - game played on the second console and saved - and transferred back to original console, etc.? I play Tiger Woods golf with a friend but the only data we use it what is saved in his console's memory. I have game data on my console but don't know how we can "share" what we each have. I have an SD card but can't use any of my saved data with the data on my friend's console. I hope that makes sense. CAN ANYONE HELP ME???
Thanx in advance:
kevlar:mad2::cryin:

There is no external storage supported by the Wii except for the SD card (and Gamecube memory cards, but only for Gamecube games). Saved data cannot be copied from the console's memory for online games. Therefore, I'm afraid you cannot do what you are trying to do.

Thanks for the reply. Does anyone know if Nintendo is going to enable this sometime in the future? They've dropped the ball on this one; not like Sony!

i dont think they ever will. maybe with the wiihd.
we have been waiting for the external hd update for years. dont think it will happen

Back