Gamecube Game Reviews

Borch712ers

Deleted
Jan 1, 2007
So, I dont have a Wii yet and I am looking to purchase a few more GC games to (1)Hold me over until I get my Wii and (2) Top off my GC Collection. Keep in mind that I am on a fairly tight budget and I have even more little time on my hands, so if I only need to get one game from a series, rather than 2 or more, I will just get one.

Resident Evil 4
One of the best games on the GC, but hearing rumors about RE5 being even better. Is it even worth getting 4 with such promising previews of 5?

Legend of Zelda: WindWaker
Always been a Zelda fan, but again, LoZ: TP is already released, and I am not a big fan of the cell shading, so without numerous supporters, I doubt Ill be getting this one.

Mario Kart: Double Dash
For the third time, heard it was a good game, but there will most likely be one out for the Wii.

Pikmin 1/2
Dont know very much about this series. If I were to get one, which is better? Is there plans for a Pikmin Wii?

Super Monkey Ball 1/2
I heard that the SMB Wii was not very good at all, so this is probably one of my first choices. I also heard that 2 is better than 1...verification?

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
I know nothing of this series rather than it is a good game. Will I be able to understand the game this late in the series?

Eternal Darkness:Sanities Requim
Know nothing. Dont even know if it is part of a series or not. info please.

Viewtiful Joe 1/2
See Prince of Persia.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
Never played. Been looking into getting into this series, but again, its out on the Wii, so might as well wait, right?

Again, I'd only like you to tell me what you think of these games. I may be editing this list (adding and removing) in the future

Thanks again for your help!

Last edited:
I belive windwaker is a totally awesome game, regardless of the graphics it just gives you an amazing sense of adventure -9/10

Eternal darkness, i've never played it, and i also want info on it :D

Resident evil 4 is the most action packed in the series, and it was so good they ported it to ps2.

I prefer mario kart ds/64 to double dash

The prince of persia games are very good, sands of time is the first of 3, the 2nd is warrior within, and the 3rd being two thrones (remade with teh title rival swords for the wii)

Also i recommend super smash bros melee if you don't already have it

Wind waker: What Flagel said. Graphics aren't that bad, the game's amazing.

Resident evil 4:Great graphics, great gameplay, great action.

Mario Kart Double Dash: I loved it. One of the best games on the Cube IMO.

Eternal darkness: only released on gamecube, it think.
I really enjoyed it, it's a good game and weird!
you control different characters throughout different ages, solving puzzles and fighting skeletons and other creatures.
If you lose your sanity, the next room would be turned upside down for example. :D
It is no RE4, but if you can pick it up cheap...

Pikmin: only played the 1st, it's another good and weird game, you have to grow little flower-people, each flower has it's own special trick (blue can walk on/under water).
Exploring the land to retrieve broken parts of your crashed spaceship. the pikmins would then carry those parts back home. But it's a dangerous world. With things trying to eat the little pikmins. :nono:
Get the second one though, it has a multiplayer mode.

:aureola:​

Last edited:
Bugz said:
Wind waker: What Flagel said. Graphics aren't that bad, the game's amazing.

Resident evil 4:Great graphics, great gameplay, great action.

Mario Kart Double Dash: I loved it. One of the best games on the Cube IMO.

Eternal darkness: only released on gamecube, it think.
I really enjoyed it, it's a good game and weird!
you control different characters throughout different ages, solving puzzles and fighting skeletons and other creatures.
If you lose your sanity, the next room would be turned upside down for example. :D
It is no RE4, but if you can pick it up cheap...

Pikmin: only played the 1st, it's another good and weird game, you have to grow little flower-people, each flower has it's own special trick (blue can walk on/under water).
Exploring the land to retrieve broken parts of your crashed spaceship. the pikmins would then carry those parts back home. But it's a dangerous world. With things trying to eat the little pikmins. :nono:
Get the second one though, it has a multiplayer mode.

:aureola:​
i had to do this

300px-Toejam_earl.jpg

:D ToeJam & Earl + 100s of other games.
Didn't earthworm jim search for that **** too?
It's not what you search, it's the way you search it.:D

are you just looking for a game to hold you over? if so i would just get a game rental pass. that way you can rent games beat um return um and rent somemore, that way when ur finished playing a game it wont sit on a shelf for forever :crazy:

Resident Evil 4
One of the best games on the GC, but hearing rumors about RE5 being even better. Is it even worth getting 4 with such promising previews of 5?

of course I don't think that we will see resident evil 5 for another year yet so go ahead buy it. It will be the first gamecube game I'll play on my wii.

Borch712ers said:
Resident Evil 4

Oh yes. Resident Evil 4 was one of the finest games ever made.

Legend of Zelda: WindWaker
Always been a Zelda fan, but again, LoZ: TP is already released, and I am not a big fan of the cell shading, so without numerous supporters, I doubt Ill be getting this one.

Don't be put off by the "kiddy" look, the classic Zelda gameplay is still in there.

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
I know nothing of this series rather than it is a good game. Will I be able to understand the game this late in the series?

Sands of Time was a "reboot" of the series, so you don't need to have played the old retro Prince of Persia games to understand it. As for its sequels, Warrior Within was very poor but Two Thrones was fairly good.

Viewtiful Joe 1/2

They were alright, but nothing special. Basically they were scrolling beat 'em ups with a bit of bullet-time.

Back