GameCube Games any Good on Wii

usulsuspct

WiiChat Member
Jan 25, 2008
I recently was able to pickup a wii and so far have been having a blast with it. After a dry spell with gaming systems I am finally back into gaming. I have enjoyed playing a lot of the virtual console titles and am still waiting for some more must have wii titles.

All of that being said - I never have played a Game Cube and therefore have missed out on a bunch of quality games. I have looked at Resident Evil 4 for the GameCube and it looks pretty good. I am thinking about picking this up however I am worried I will be disappointed with the game?

Any opinions out there? Would anyone suggest picking up a GC controller and GC games?

A common question. First off you can get RE4 wii version which has motion controls for aiming, probably a lot better than the gamecube version.

That said, F Zero GX, Soul Calibur II and the 'Zelda Collectors Edition' are all fantastic GC discs. Gamecube controllers are very cheap to buy used. I recomend the wireless Wavebird if you don't mind giving up the rumble feature.

instead of re4 for gamecube, pick up the one for wii. its same but with added content. yeah u should definitely pick up gc games and gc controller. it has many great games.

Yea...I should have realized RE4 was on Wii. I guess saw the on rails shooter (chronicle?) and thought that was the only RE on the Wii. Still sounds like there are some good offerings for the cube. I was shocked to see no Mega Man on VC although looks like I can save a bunch and buy the GC Mega Man collection.

I bought a half dozen GCN games last year, and two controllers. I don't play them very much, but I think I got all 6 for about $60, so it was worth it.

Viewtiful Joe 1&2 - the first one is the better of the two.
Metroid Prime 1&2 - meh; GCN controller for FPS is baaaaad IMO. Good games though if you can stand fighting the controls.
Killer 7 - good game from NMH creator; totally different game though
Ikaruga - crazy arcade shooting type game

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGNSdcy-apU[/MEDIA]
Gameplay from Ikaruga​

Budo said:
I bought a half dozen GCN games last year, and two controllers. I don't play them very much, but I think I got all 6 for about $60, so it was worth it.

Viewtiful Joe 1&2 - the first one is the better of the two.
Metroid Prime 1&2 - meh; GCN controller for FPS is baaaaad IMO. Good games though if you can stand fighting the controls.
Killer 7 - good game from NMH creator; totally different game though
Ikaruga - crazy arcade shooting type game

*sniff* reminds me of R-TYPE *sniff* what a great game.

resident evil 4 for gamecube was a masterpiece of a game, easly one of the best games for the gamecube, i certenly you pick it up, though there is a wii version that uses the wii's unique remote and it also has tonnes more special features, consider the wii version a collectors edition, but be warned, the gamecube and wii version have the exact same graphics.

some more games i suggest from everyone's favourite purple lunch box.

super smash brothers meelee
the legend of zelda: wind waker
the splinter cell games play quite nice on the cube
mario sunshine
the legend of zelda: twilight princess (can be found on wii aswell)
nba street 3 plays really well on the cube
madden games are decent on wii
and my personal favourite - metal gear solid : twin snakes <--- the most epic game ever

Paper Mario: Thousand year door.....

it is 1000x better than super paper mario ... so don't let that discourage you .

Best game for GC...

Back