games freezing

heth

WiiChat Member
Dec 26, 2009
manly west
My wii will not play DJ Hero or Band Hero without freezing the games but will play most other games! any ideas??

My wii will not play DJ Hero without freezing the games but will play most other games! any ideas??

Ditto.

Dj hero self pauses.

even worse it self resumes as if the green button was being pressed.

Sometime it does it 2-3 times in a couple of seconds!

These 'false' green button presses also occur during gameplay. I had little (0?) problem yesterday in the am, but a lot of problem in the overnight hours. Basically I would have to resort to praying that I wouldn't get interference until the end of a song... since I couldn't get thru even one song without false button pushes ruining it.

The control will also 'drop out' and stop relaying commands completely (the wii remote inside is still on) and the only way to get it to work again is to unplug the wiimote and plug it back in again.

Duracell batteries are new, and had 2-3 hours of play on them when this problem began.

And yes I tried resync'ing the remote, I also unplugged the Bar since it isn't used by DJ Hero, turned off my Dish receiver, made sure all the UHF remotes were not being button pressed, turned of bluetooth on my iPhone, etc.

now there are anywhere from 2 - 8 wi fi networks that reach this room (most with poor signal), including my own -G wi-fi network whose router is 10 feet away.

It is already enough to make me wish the DJ Hero control was plain old wired USB, and consider swapping the wii version for PS3 variant since a game you can't play with ghost button presses is worthless.
And no, I never had ANY issues with my PS3 in 2 years, but already a MAJOR problem with the Wii. (apart from the disappointment that everything runs on AA batteries, instead of USB rechargeable remotes being included.)

Wii freezing

Hi, I had the same problem. I upgraded the firmware to 4.2 and now everything works fine. There are various threads in other forums that the 4.2 firmware does some things to "homebrew" stuff, but if you don't have any, then you should be fine.

Good luck!

Back