Gears of War comming to Mac!

Didn't I see a thread about it coming to PC too? What do they still need more money, 360 fans aren't enough? Amazing!

Frankly, I won't be buying it, no matter what it comes out on.

Umbrous said:
Didn't I see a thread about it coming to PC too? What do they still need more money, 360 fans aren't enough? Amazing!

Frankly, I won't be buying it, no matter what it comes out on.

Really? Why's that? just not your type of game?

I can't wait, I've been wanting to play it for a while but I don't have a 360.

Looks fun, and hopefully the online will be put together well.

Well, I guess it is really just about who makes it and how they sell it. Considering it came from the 360, I am pretty much against it. I see micro$oft as today's software nazi's. No way would I buy anything they make. Pff.

The point being, I don't care to chainsaw people, I don't have some kind of defect in my brain like the majority of ill-minded children these days. People wonder why I don't like Resident evil as well. I just tell them its because I like silent hill, an actual "thriller/drama/whatever you want to call it/scary".

"Zombies" are not "scary". Shoot them, burn them, blow them up, they're all the same. It just got sick when the zombies were "living people in a mind-controlled village". After I was told that about RE4 I just considered the entire genre (RE) as someones insane fantasy about the world today. I don't really care for goring "living people in a mind controlled village". Nor do I see the use of a chainsaw in warfare, except for immature warfare where they can't aim so they spray and prey. Sadly, I choose the world where a decisive aiming shot can put down any chainsaw wielding maniac. But sadly in games today, bullets can fly through the face, heart, other essential areas, and only take some "health points".

Sure, I guess you can say its not my cup of tea.

Games have just been crap for so many years no and no one really talks about why. Its because the industry is finally compared to the movie industry, which means all they want to do is make money for the crap they puke on us. Do I have to mention that patches use to not exist? That when games were released, that was it. If they missed something, they released a new game. If the story didn't piece together, they released a sequel or prequel. Now it is just flamboyant over-used sold out ideas that have been through the wash so many times they are limp and retain no structure. The best they do now is add a few new guns, maps, glitches, exploits, and then "patches" that introduce more glitches/exploits even though they were fixing the previous ones; EA and BF2 is a great example of this. You know a game is gold when the developers have an original idea, that takes years to put into programming and translate into a gaming world. Stalker was suppose to be like this, but a company got a hold of them and made the game so arcade it isn't even fun to play. After you haul 300+kg of weapons & equipment over and over, you realize the game is a big loop. They have to release a "patch" just to add the "free-play" feature into the game. This game was 7 years+ in the "making" being remade and delayed. With the final product being rubbish like the rest on the general market.

It really is unfortunate that there isn't a good honest traditional company that is focused not only on making enough money to keep going, but on producing products that people will *continue* to buy even far after it is released. Just because it is that good of a product, with no built in errors or exploits, cheats or hackable programming. This is seemingly impossible today. Where cheats and exploits run free online, the basis of "multi-player internet gaming" completely loses meaning when there are glitches that can be exploited in the gain of the person using the glitch, without punishment. But someone using freedom of speech is banned instantly from the server. It really is ridiculous what some of the companies out there dish out and expect people to buy and they do!

Its sad when you have to go to games from a decade ago, for some mild entertainment. But wait, don't forget, they're so many cheaters you can't even play! The delta force series is an example. Novalogic was a good company until they were caught for pirating softwares, which they used to make products that they sold, which is very illegal. They payed half a million in damages (If that is correct, 537k is what I recall) and probably had to re-buy all of their things. Which probably cost them a lot. So they have yet to release a game since and I wait to see what they can come up with and if it will be good or rubbish like the rest.

It seems that the FPS genre is losing its quality. Spray and pray becomes the tactic. Where in the opposite games people just shooting in the head and run around (CS). There has to be a fine line, sure a head-shot kills, depending on where it hits. Grazed the ear? Hardly a death involved. They are so lazy they just lay "hit detection" bubbles around the "characters". You see no "vitals system" because that is too much work for them, while they just want the green-back with as little work as possible. They love providing dead-lines for some reason, rushing the end-product and not actually coming out with what was expected.

Well i mean.....as much as you talk about all that stuff look at Pokemon (which from your info it seems like you're a big fan of)

Chainsaw vs Gun and a chainsaw wins...unrealistic right? So how is throwing red and white balls at lil creatures and then making them fight any more realistic.

And how many versions of Pokemon have they had now? I mean I remember Red and Blue. When I was a kid there were 150 pokemon.....that was it. Now they have what? 8 versions? How many pokemon? It seems like the company got a hit, and went with it. And now they just keep releasing the same game....change a few variables, and add some goofy new pokemon that are just rip offs of the old one.

This is the same exact thing that is going on with games like Medal of Honor, and Call of Duty. IT'S THE SAME CRAP! and it's crap everytime.

Will Gears or War be only on Windows Vista? Or will it work on XP too? and will we need to pay for some sort of online membership?

Unless it's DX10 it will work on both. But then i imagine you'll still have the ability to run it DX9 on an XP machine

I don't see why they would make the online a subscription

Back