General Questions about the Wii

Merforga

I'm Wii-tarded!!!
May 12, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
5482-7970-2099-9341
OK, they're probably noobish, but here I go:

1. How long does it take for Miis to mingle/visit friends' consoles?

2. What's the difference between mingling and sending Miis?

3. How come some of my friends are greyed out in my address book? Is it because they have not added me? Myself and my friend added each other, but it's still grey.

Merforga said:
OK, they're probably noobish, but here I go:

1. How long does it take for Miis to mingle/visit friends' consoles?

2. What's the difference between mingling and sending Miis?

3. How come some of my friends are greyed out in my address book? Is it because they have not added me? Myself and my friend added each other, but it's still grey.
1. They should recieve it when they next get online.
2. Mingling means that your mii's go onto other peoples' Mii plazas and can be retrieved from there. Sending mii's means that you specifically send a single mii to a specific person. Think of it as giving someone a present - your mii!
3. The grey areas are names that haven't been associated with you yet. I'm unclear as to the amount of time needed to connect them, but once both Wii's have been connected to the internet, then you should be able to message each other, and send them your mii's, and for this, the writing should try solid black.

I also have a question. Do mii's you set as 'mingle' go to only people's wii's that are on your friends list, or more people? If it goes to more people, than how does the wii determine who it goes to?

I ask because I have a couple mii's in my mii parade from my friends, but I have about 10 than none of the people on my friends list can account for. I wonder why those peoples miis are on my wii. Does it have to do with distance (eg, if a wii is within a 10 mile radius of your house than their miis set to mingle will be on your wii)?

LevesqueIsKing said:
I also have a question. Do mii's you set as 'mingle' go to only people's wii's that are on your friends list, or more people? If it goes to more people, than how does the wii determine who it goes to?

I ask because I have a couple mii's in my mii parade from my friends, but I have about 10 than none of the people on my friends list can account for. I wonder why those peoples miis are on my wii. Does it have to do with distance (eg, if a wii is within a 10 mile radius of your house than their miis set to mingle will be on your wii)?
I think the Miis you find in your parade should all be from your friends. At least that is what I have been lead to believe, but your distance theory, in terms of radius, does make sense.

LevesqueIsKing said:

Never heard of a case like that before, however they may have recieved some mii's by someone else, and have been added to you mii parade.

As far as I'm aware, Wii's cannot spontanteously talk to each other. I would have thought that was the case anyway, especially without friendcodes.

Squall7 said:
Never heard of a case like that before, however they may have recieved some mii's by someone else, and have been added to you mii parade.

As far as I'm aware, Wii's cannot spontanteously talk to each other. I would have thought that was the case anyway, especially without friendcodes.
Well, one of my friends added someone from across the country to his friends list. Anyways, this Mii from the other part of the country eventually ended up in my friend's neighbor's Wii from my friend's console. That's pretty weird.

I think that when you add a friend and add a Mii to mingle, then your Mii can mingle in your friend's Wii, as well as your friend's friend's Wii, and then into their friend's Wii, and it goes on and on. I don't know if that's true, but that's what I think.

Valley said:
I think that when you add a friend and add a Mii to mingle, then your Mii can mingle in your friend's Wii, as well as your friend's friend's Wii, and then into their friend's Wii, and it goes on and on. I don't know if that's true, but that's what I think.

Hmmm...thats pretty interesting. It makes sense, thats for sure.

Then we should have a 1000 mii parade in no time! ;)

Back