Getting an X-Box360, have question

Zilly-D

Wiitard
Nov 13, 2006
So I'm getting one a little before c-mas and I have some questions. I have a wireless network at my house, but I don't have enough money to get the wireless adapter and I can't wire it because my TV is on the other side of the house from the internet connection. the game I'm gonna get initially is gears of war and I'm gonna eventually get a wireless adapter as money and time allows...
so my question is, should I hook it up to the internet to get any updates or patches that I need or should I just wait until i get the adapter?
I will eventually get x-box live too, the same time i get the adapter, but I just need to wait a little bit.
thanks guys... and girls :)

it all depends on you.. if you can get online then get the updates, but you can also wait... its not really a problem, but your preference... if i was in your position, i would probs hook it up to the net and get the updates.. but thats just me...

aight, whats the benefit of getting updates, will fix any bugs in the game, or will it just effect the online play

Zilly-D said:
So I'm getting one a little before c-mas and I have some questions. I have a wireless network at my house, but I don't have enough money to get the wireless adapter and I can't wire it because my TV is on the other side of the house from the internet connection. the game I'm gonna get initially is gears of war and I'm gonna eventually get a wireless adapter as money and time allows...
so my question is, should I hook it up to the internet to get any updates or patches that I need or should I just wait until i get the adapter?
I will eventually get x-box live too, the same time i get the adapter, but I just need to wait a little bit.
If u ever plan on having a decent game online you btter not get the adapter...unless you have the best router money can buy??the ethernet cable is your freind use it,and abuse the adapter its not worth it...and yes get the updates for the dashboard and GoW there worth it

aight, cool, thanks man, so the adapter doesn't allow for the best type of gaming? I have a good network and it works fine when I play games on my computer.

Zilly-D said:
gears of war will get boring without online, its an online game, only 10 hours worth of single player

Zilly-D said:
aight, cool, thanks man, so the adapter doesn't allow for the best type of gaming? I have a good network and it works fine when I play games on my computer.
I aint saying its not gonna work but it will lag..bad,i had it and brought it back it was that crappy,it runs at 34 ghz (i think)and allota things run on that so its not the best..but its ur money:yesnod:

gears of war will get boring without online, its an online game, only 10 hours worth of single player
yeah, I know it will get boring, I'll wait a little for the online play, and rent some games and play around on single player. Then when I get bored I'm gonna get online and play. I think thats a decent plan

I aint saying its not gonna work but it will lag..bad,i had it and brought it back it was that crappy,it runs at 34 ghz (i think)and allota things run on that so its not the best..but its ur money

ok, I'll definitely do some research on it.

thanks both for your replies

ENNO said:
If u ever plan on having a decent game online you btter not get the adapter...unless you have the best router money can buy??the ethernet cable is your freind use it,and abuse the adapter its not worth it...and yes get the updates for the dashboard and GoW there worth it

i disagree w/ that, if you have good coverage around the house, wireless can be as good as wired.... i have wireless and haven't experienced lag or anything in any of the games i play online...

Back