Getting my wii online

mooseisloo

WiiChat Member
Dec 1, 2007
Okies so my PC and wii are pretty much next to eachother. My computer is online with AOL broadband, it is wired. I have a "Buffalo Wireless-G USB 2.0" dongle thang... can I use just this stuff to get my wii online? If so, how? If not... what else do I need? o_O

yea you should be able too if you have a wireless USB dongle. Just turn on your wii, go into options while on the main wii channel screen(bottom left) then go to "internet" and it should ask you if you want wireless or wired and from there on its easy, it has a auto search for wireless and you should be on the internet in no time.

infamous85 said:
yea you should be able too if you have a wireless USB dongle. Just turn on your wii, go into options while on the main wii channel screen(bottom left) then go to "internet" and it should ask you if you want wireless or wired and from there on its easy, it has a auto search for wireless and you should be on the internet in no time.

It always says no access point was found... I have installed the dongle and everything :S I've looked around loads of sites and although I haven't really found out exactly what I'm doing I've got the idea I need to turn the dongle into an access point? I'm not totally sure on all this but what I've gathered is I need to turn it into an access point so my Wii can access my PC's internet connection, unfortunately I have no idea how this is done :(

On your PC, go to control panel, then wireless network setup wizard. Go through all the settings to create a wireless access point. That should work.

robbied said:
On your PC, go to control panel, then wireless network setup wizard. Go through all the settings to create a wireless access point. That should work.

it says the device is not ready, but I have installed everything on the CD that comes with it o_O

Try removing the device from the taskbar, then removing it physically from the USB port, then plug it back in.

robbied said:
Try removing the device from the taskbar, then removing it physically from the USB port, then plug it back in.

Nope :(

Try downloading the latest drivers for the device off the manufacturers website, and update the drivers for the dongle. Also check the website for a help or tutorial section

tried, didnt work :( checked all help tutorial thangs, been googling for hours now :(

i also have a BT wireless usb dongle thang too but I don't have any instructions or software or model number or anything with that :S (yes i have tried to get that to work and no it didn't)

Do you know how to completely remove any drivers for the dongle? If so I would do that and try a fresh driver install. With USB it can be tricky, make sure you follow the installation instructions correctly.

Which USB port are you plugging this into?

okay it wont work, lets see..

First off: Open a port that the wii can get through, leave fire wall on or you WILL get viruses.

Second: Go to your wii search and then input your code.

Third: Test. if it works then YAY, if not, aw.

balrogs i dont understand step 1... and liquidD yup, didnt work :(

Back