Nintendo Wii Internet Connection Question (easy I think)

nkbswe5

nkbswe5. RLY!
Jun 27, 2006
Not in America
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Quote:
Communication: Wii can communicate with the Internet even when the power is turned off. This WiiConnect24 service delivers a new surprise or game update, even if users do not play with Wii. Users can connect wirelessly using IEEE 802.11b/g, or with a USB 2.0 LAN adaptor. Wii also can communicate wirelessly with Nintendo DS.

Users can connect wirelessly using IEEE 802.11b/g, or with a USB 2.0 LAN adaptor. Does this mean if I DO NOT have wireless internet I will still be able to connect it to my internet connection? Sorry if this is a stupid question:confused:

The missing Link

You are supposed to get online even if you don't have an internet connection, the Wiis are supposed to automatically connect to each other even when off and send info back and forth, so someone without an internet connection will use another Wii as a hub until it gets an open connection, also if you want to have multiplayer games your not supposed to actually have to get online as all the Wiis in your area should automatically connect, by the way 802.11 b/g does have distance limits so don't think that if you live in the middle of nowhere you can connect to someone else for the hub plan to work, check bbc article on wifi sharing and you will see the gist of this plan.

The USB 2.0 Lan adaptor plugs into one of the usb ports, and allows an ethernet cable to slot in for internet :)

ghghgh14702 said:
You are supposed to get online even if you don't have an internet connection, the Wiis are supposed to automatically connect to each other even when off and send info back and forth, so someone without an internet connection will use another Wii as a hub until it gets an open connection, also if you want to have multiplayer games your not supposed to actually have to get online as all the Wiis in your area should automatically connect, by the way 802.11 b/g does have distance limits so don't think that if you live in the middle of nowhere you can connect to someone else for the hub plan to work, check bbc article on wifi sharing and you will see the gist of this plan.
I think that's right cuz I remember reading it a month ago on nwiizone.com

nimadude said:
The USB 2.0 Lan adaptor plugs into one of the usb ports, and allows an ethernet cable to slot in for internet :)

Close, but not quite Doesn't anyone here play online with the DS without a router??? The USB connector plugs into your computer and broadcasts wirelessly to the DS/Wii. This adapter is already available (and has been since WFC started)

Ah?? so what u cant connect online and play against players all over the world? if not thats fucking gay, but atleast i know alot of ppl in my area are getting it. i thought you could connect the Wii through your internet connection at home, and play worldwide? wouldnt that be more handy and fun? meh, there are always Lans to go to :D!

Yes, it is going to be worldwire playing. If you don't have a wireless router (or possibly the Nintendo WFC Adapter) then you'll need to use the Ethernet adapter.

The USB the man is talking about is a USB-to-Ethernet cablel, 1 side is ethernet, while the other is USB, you plug the Ethernet into your modem, and the USB into the Wii, but they also make a, or it will work for Wii, the DS thing they made, it's a USB adapater that plugs into your computer, it feeds off of the internet and sends out Wi-Fi waves, but it is marked as DS, but it will probally come out for Wii with a Wii version even though it should work since its all Wi-Fi.

Back