Give Me A Review Of The Wii

Kevdog65

WiiChat Member
Oct 15, 2007
Hey im new to this website and new to the wii.
I am currently planning on buying a wii as soon as i possibly can.
My queston is will the wii live up to its name?
If you have a wii can you please give me a DETAILED review of the wii
Thanks.
Feel Free To Private Message Me 2

The Wii Is Just An ABSOLUTE MASTERPIECE Of A Videogames Console!!!:yesnod: Apart From The Nintendo DS, It Is The Highest Sellin Videogames Console Right Now And You Can Hardly Get Them Anywhere!

The Wii Is Great For All Ages, From Young Children To Old Grannies. It Can Also Keep You Fit And Healthy, Games Like Wii Sports, And The Upcoming Game, Wii Fit! There Is Also The Internet Channel And The Virtual Console Games To Think About Too! Bein Able To Play Retro Games You Havent Played In Years = SWEEEET!!!

There Is Also A Load Of Excitin New Games Comin Out Very Very Soon Too! So Kevdog 65, You Were Lucky Even To Get A Wii!:yesnod: Congrats New Wii Owner!!!:smilewinkgrin:

well right now we've had a bit of a wii game drought but from what i see everyday, it's worth the wait. Check out medal of honor 2, SSBB, Mario Galaxy, Soul Calibur and Mario Kart Wii.

Wii-Bhoy said:
The Wii Is Just An ABSOLUTE MASTERPIECE Of A Videogames Console!!!:yesnod: Apart From The Nintendo DS, It Is The Highest Sellin Videogames Console Right Now And You Can Hardly Get Them Anywhere!

The Wii Is Great For All Ages, From Young Children To Old Grannies. It Can Also Keep You Fit And Healthy, Games Like Wii Sports, And The Upcoming Game, Wii Fit! There Is Also The Internet Channel And The Virtual Console Games To Think About Too! Bein Able To Play Retro Games You Havent Played In Years = SWEEEET!!!

There Is Also A Load Of Excitin New Games Comin Out Very Very Soon Too! So Kevdog 65, You Were Lucky Even To Get A Wii!:yesnod: Congrats New Wii Owner!!!:smilewinkgrin:
you can hardly get them anywhere?! since when was that a GOOD thing?!!!

The Wii is a great and innovative console, exceeding the expectations of many consumers. The Wii is more of a family friendly console then anything else, bringing in an array of party games, kid-like games, and some hardcore games such as Zelda, Metroid, RE4, etc. The Wii is almost 1 year in and has built a good foundation, now only if they can keep on going. The online needs some major help, releasing the friend codes and adding in more features would tremendously help. The presentation of the console is solid, the exterior of the console is sleek, small, compact, and "nice-looking". The menu is impressive and the interface is very easy to navigate for any age. The Wii brings in games such as Cooking Mama, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit, Big Brain Academy, trying to bring in a different crowd of gamers.

This is why the Wii is a new-gen and less of a next-gen.

I think the wii sucks , It has few good games, no hard drive, not hd capable, most of the games are "kiddy", they release too few games on the vitual console the online is nonexistent on most games. There are decent looking games coming up , Mario galaxy, SSBB (which just got delayed), mariokart, Resi Evil UC( which looks to be delayed as well) hopefully these games will make my purchase more justified. I have a ps3 and 360 as well and I'm more impressed with either of them then the wii.

To me the Wii so far is kind of boring except for the VC, and some awesome games but most of the 3rd Party games are crap
The Pc keeps me more entertained than the Wii..... Wish I would've used that money on an Nvidia 7600GT with some games
But yeah the Wii is great for partys but Halo 3 is better for partys

My Rating Scale
Pc 9.7/10
Xbox360 9/10
Wii 8.8/10
Ps3 8.2/10
Ps2 8.7/10

check out youtube! seriously, jsut search Wii Review im sure youll get loads of user/game company reviews on the console. i COULD type out a detailed review of the wii but basically it all comes down to this:

its awesome, has some good games and some great games are set to come out this and next year and its a perfect time to buy one with all the new software to come.

i have a wii now, and honestly, if i had a xbox360 and a wii in each hand, I'd take the xbox360. (atleast for now... my opinion might change after guitar hero + smash)

I seriously suggest you consider what style of gaming you prefer, then look at the available console options. The 360 and PS3 offer about the same as far as gaming experience at this time, with the 360 having the better game library and the PS3 with more to offer in the future (maybe), the Wii is best experienced with more than one person.

With that said, review the feature lists and compile a personal list of characteristics that really stand out to you. For example; GameCube enthusiasts, casual gamers, and social gamers are more adapt to enjoying the Wii - even if Nintendo is trying to expand it's library to meet everyone's expectations. Traditional gamers who preference to typical button mashing style with enhanced graphics are going to preference the Xbox 360. The PS3 gamers are currently a unique group as there system has taken on some motion control along with the traditional style gaming, and of course the enhanced graphics as well.

Personally I consider the Wii a better complimentary system even if you preference the traditional gaming method. Having a Wii present at parties, family reunions, and just about any social gathering will make it worth it's meager $250 dollar price tag, and it's impressively small size makes it easy to transport with the proper carrying case. Once the system is connected you will have an almost instant crowd pleaser, as those who've played to those who thought they'd never like it will come swarming. So even if you don't make it as your primary choice system it still is not a waste of money by far.

Most importantly I would not base your purchase solely on the concept of what someone else says, but to really evaluate the system before moving forward. Double check your budget, look what each system has to offer, then decide for yourself which console will probably best suit you.

Note: If you have the option in your local area, check to see if video rental locations are willing to rent the game consoles as well. Most require a deposit, a small rental fee, and then you take it home to try it for yourself. If that is not an option, call local game retailers (such as GameStop/EBgames and Wal-mart) and ask if they have demo units on the floor available for play. If they do, you could then get some idea of what system will best suit your gaming needs. :)

Sovieto said:
you can hardly get them anywhere?! since when was that a GOOD thing?!!!
Its Not A Good Thing:lol: If I Put It Across That Way In My Small Review Then Im Sorry For Confusin U Guys!:lol:

I think the wii is the console of this time. Its the top selling console because of its unique appeal, brilliant marketing and lower price than its competition. Basically what I'm tryin to say is its not the best selling next gen console because it is the best next gen console.

I bought my wii in january and I have owned 15 games for it, the only games that I have found myself playing for more than a few weeks after buying are RE4 and the bowling on wii sports. As far as I am concerned the novelty factor on the majority of the games wear off within those first few weeks.

The reasons I opted for the wii over the PS3 and 360 are the lower price and the fact that I enjoy sports based games more than any other genre, I thought the wii was going to be the perfect console for sports. So far this has not been the case, no one has even managed to get golf right.

I am not particularly a nintendo fan so games like SSBB, MP3 and Mario Galaxy don't excite me at all. The game I am most looking forward to is Pro Evo 2008, the controls look like they will actually add a new experience to football games (unlike the gimmicky FIFA). However if Pro Evo fails to live up to expectations I'll be lookin to sell my wii.

I always intended the wii to be a stop gap until the PS3 gets better games and a significant price cut and I think alot of other people think the same way, the wii is the console of today, the PS3 is the console of tomorrow! IMHO!

Last edited:
yo sonic is going to be so asume in smash bros. brawl now i hope thay have shadow,metel sonic,kokelz,ruge,tails,dr.e,ridley,dark sumas,roy,mark and young link the wii is the consle of tomarow imean grpics r good but mosin sensor is is trully futureistic

Last edited:
Don't finnish reading this post go buy one Now!!!
Why are you still reading, GO!!!!
Did you hear what I just said GO!!!
You still here? Fine please yourself, but you should still get one!

Back