Give your own review!

Homesrfan

ftw
Nov 1, 2006
Don't listen to GameSpot! Tell us what you think about Red Steel.

Personally, I won't be getting the Wii 'till Christmas... so what do you think?

It was a promising virgin run for UbiSoft. It was an extremely fun game for the first while. I had fun just tilting the controller back and forth from side to straight up back to side and shooting things with the pointer. It just kinda lacked... It's novelty wore off after about half an hour. It's graphics were nice, but the mechanics were odd. The first sword fight was awesome, but the second one was boring :( It was just too much like the first. Not much changes except how hard the other person hits you. It was distracting watching the "rubber wrist" weild that gun cause I kept swinging it around making it twist awkwardly for fun. I didn't see hardly close to as many glitches as gamespot pointed out or said I would see, but the mechanics were still iffy. When these people put out another game, it's going to be badass. This was kind of the proto-type in my eyes. The idea is amazing, they just need to touch up the little things.

I played it today for a good 2hours or so.. GREAT game, very realistic.
The controls are hard to get a grip on at first, but you get used to it, lots of fun, you start off in action right from the start, its very destructive environment - anything you shoot breaks or blows up, anyway I like it.

I'd say everyone should at least try it for a while before giving it a bad rating
The graphics are very nice,

Sword fight really isn't as great as it looks though.. maybe I just suck LOL
Shooting is difficult,as well as moving around, at least until you get the hang of it...
Anyway its worth getting, loads of fun.

Back