Godfather -WII Success

superfly30

WiiChat Member
Jun 8, 2007
On the whole i have been disappointed with the quality of gaming and use of the innovative controls on the Wii until i purchased Godfather. This is what the game developers should aspire to rather than some pointless wrist flicks to justify the controllers existence.

What other games are people recommending on a non-childish theme. Heard Madden makes use of the controller

SF

Yes, Godfather is said to be a great game.

Hmmm, well Mortal Kombat Armageddon makes use of the Wiimote and is gory. There aren't too many good Wii Games that are gory and make use of the Wiimote at the same time. Scarface should be similar to Godfather. RE4 will be nice, too, but I don't know to what extense it uses the Wiimote aside form aiming. Even though the motion sensing additions in Zelda TP are not too much, it's still much fun to swing the Wiimote like Link's sword and slash through the enemys.

Secumfex said:
Yes, Godfather is said to be a great game.

Hmmm, well Mortal Kombat Armageddon makes use of the Wiimote and is gory. There aren't too many good Wii Games that are gory and make use of the Wiimote at the same time. Scarface should be similar to Godfather. RE4 will be nice, too, but I don't know to what extense it uses the Wiimote aside form aiming. Even though the motion sensing additions in Zelda TP are not too much, it's still much fun to swing the Wiimote like Link's sword and slash through the enemys.

if only all games were like godfather in playability and use of wiimote and nunchuk :sigh:

Scarface should be pretty similar in playing style to Godfather so might get this but the game I am really looking forward to is Manhunt 2. If they get the controls right then this game is going to be awesome

Godfather

Being from Grimsby its surely the Codfather?

Im about half way through but have gone power mad trying to take over the city rather than complete the missions at the moment. Still get a bit trigger happy when i open the door to a new business though...

Will resi evil 4 not be just like the PS2 version but with the new controls? That was agreat game but i wouldnt pay 30-40 quid to own it on another format.

Manhunt 2? Good shout will keep an eye out for that.

Anyone else find tiger woods incredibly over-rated. thought the controls were ropey to be honest particularly short game.

Resi evil 4 is the same as a the ps2 version except with slightly enhanced graphics and Wii controls - at least it's shipping for a reasonable £29.99 RRP tho and can be found for as cheap as 22.50 online.

For you Godfather players - just a quick question, how does it compared to GTA and how long does it take to complete?

Gta

Difficult to say as GTA series was top draw, however, with the use of the wii controls have to say i favour Godfather....

Yeah, Godfather is a really top game. Its a shame its not that well heard of as zelda.

res 4 will most likely be the gamecube version which was the best anyway... with i think the extra missions that the ps2 version had.

DazzeL said:
For you Godfather players - just a quick question, how does it compared to GTA and how long does it take to complete?

I much prefered The Godfather to GTA in all aspects mainly due to its setting (i loved the Godfather movies). Id say it takes around 50 hours to complete (actually took me 51) but maybe a little longer to find all the movie clips and perform all the executions.

superfly30 said:
On the whole i have been disappointed with the quality of gaming and use of the innovative controls on the Wii until i purchased Godfather. This is what the game developers should aspire to rather than some pointless wrist flicks to justify the controllers existence.

What other games are people recommending on a non-childish theme. Heard Madden makes use of the controller

SF

Madden is a good game. Id wait though because they are releasing a new version within a couple of months. If you cant wait, you can get madden '07 for 20 bucks.

The controls of Godfather really push it over the top. Graphically GTA is better. GTA also has over the top themes going on. The shooting and fighting mechanics on Godfather blow away GTA's by far.

I love both. I prefer the controls of the Godfather and I liked the RPG-style character building and the business takeover stuff. But I still like to play GTA to drive around in outrageous vehicles listening to old-school music and laughing at the crazy commercials (like Exploder: Evacuator Part 2 in Vice City)

Godfather definately will keep you playing for a long, long time.

So far Godfather is the hands down best game ive played for wii but im hopin manhunt2 is of the same calibur, loved the first one and cant wait to see some of the new weapons

Dutch5890 said:
So far Godfather is the hands down best game ive played for wii but im hopin manhunt2 is of the same calibur, loved the first one and cant wait to see some of the new weapons

speaking of calibur - i cant wait till Soul Calibur comes out for the Wii but yeah I'm really excited about Manhunt2. I've got it on pre-order from play.com and it should be really good - fingers crossed

On the subject of Manhunt 2. The reviews i've seen make the game out to be unneccsarily gory which kind of puts me off. i guess a lot of this is on the back of anticipated media criticism. To be honest this aspect of the gaming doesnt interest me im more interested in the game play/graphics etc. Never played MH1 but interested in the follow-up, gore aside...

luckliy godfather is taking up all my time at the moment but there will come a time that once i've been crowned Don i'll need something else to go at.

Thanks for the whole Godfather enlightenment. I was a little skeptical about the game. From what I remember from videos, the vehicles in the game looked horrble..but thats all I saw. I'll go rent it today.

Thanks

Back