Going To Download My First VC Game Tonight...

Hotspur Warrior

Mmmmmm. Wii.
Dec 27, 2006
United Kingdom
Wii Online Code
7758-1065-4612-2696
Purchased 1000 Wii Points last week, got my Classic Controller today and I am all set for some retro gaming. When I go on my Wii later, I'm going to download something. Thing is, I don't know what.

I am going to get Super Mario 64 eventually, but not now. I'm already dedicating a lot of time to Zelda, so I can't be doing with two lengthy games at once. I'll save Mario for February/March, when I've hopefully completed Zelda and am waiting for some cool games to come out.

At the moment I want something that is just a bit of fun, but not too short. I've read about some of the NES games being ten minute wonders, so I'm not too keen on wasting my money on them. I'm thinking about Bonk's Adventure, because even though I've never played it, it looks like the sort of light-hearted, fun game I'd like to have downloaded. Another game I'm looking at is Ristar, because from what I've seen and read it's a pretty good game.

Can anyone recommend anything that I just have to download as my first VC game?

I never had a chance to purchase Perfect Dark on the N64, so I'm hoping that will come out in the next few months. When I was 8/9/10, I didn't really have £50 to spend. I remember playing it round my friends though and damn it was good.

So I guess I'm waiting for that.

Tjharwin said:
I never had a chance to purchase Perfect Dark on the N64, so I'm hoping that will come out in the next few months. When I was 8/9/10, I didn't really have £50 to spend. I remember playing it round my friends though and damn it was good.

So I guess I'm waiting for that.
fat chance now that MS now owns Rare, althought they might permit Nintendo for Goldeneye, but Perfect Dark is their franchise now...

stainy said:
Wait for the new games coming tomorrow ( Friday )
This week's line-up doesn't look all that great though. Baseball and Ice Hockey on the NES... meh.

SimCity interests me though. I've put that alongside Bonk's Adventure and Ristar as one of the games I might downloadd. Super Castlevania 4 vaguely interests me, purely because my mate loves the Castlevania games to bits and has been begging me to play them for months.

ocdan said:
vc games come on mondays at 9am
Not in Europe. They usually come out at midnight Friday, which is 26 minutes ago.

Why waste money on a classic controller? You can just use a GameCube controller...

I would say that ultimately that two big dissapointments for me were Donkey Kong and DKjr. Not because they weren't great games (not to mention the games that launched Mario AND Nintendo to fame) but the NES versions were short of levels from the arcade versions...and that's a damned shame. Would much rather have seen the Arcade Versions pop up on VC...still can't figure out why they don't release some of the classic arcade ROMS for DL rather than some of the "thin" NES conversions of them.

ThatGuy127 said:
Why waste money on a classic controller? You can just use a GameCube controller...
You can't use a Gamecube controller for all of the games. I got the classic controller to cover me for all games, and also for multiplayer games.

I caved in an got the Sim City one that came out today. I just thought I'd try out the VC and I love Sim City games, now I'm going to wait for spefific games on my list to become available before I get any more.

Bomberman 93 was a good download i think, up to 5 players and harder than you'd expect in one player mode.

I've been told Bonc Adventure was called BC Kid on the Amiga, i used to play that it really is a good game, might get that next.

Well, I couldn't download anything last night thanks to the Shop Channel not loading, but finally I managed to get on there tonight. I've download Ristar and Bonk's Adventure, and I plan to have a go at them both tonight.

Back