DreamCast on VC?

infaredx2

WiiChat Member
Apr 28, 2007
Wii Online Code
3360-7089-7767-6047
I was downloading Super Mario World for the VC and I saw the Sega titles and the idea of playing Marvel vs Capcom 2 popped in my head. Is there any word if VC is going to have dreamcast games, or if we are going to be able to play DreamCast CDs on the Wii?

Dreamcast games are probably too big to download onto the Wii's tiny memory, so I can't see it happening.

I'm not sure how they could add DC backward compatibility, since the Wii doesn't support the DC's disc format (GD-ROM).

Last edited:
I think the consoles that you can buy VC's from right now are the only councils that you'll ever be able to buy VC's from. They're about to make new VC games, I don't know why they would release games for a new council then and spend even more time working on VC's and not new software. Sad to say given the great tittles on the dream cast

PinkFloyd said:
I think the consoles that you can buy VC's from right now are the only councils that you'll ever be able to buy VC's from. They're about to make new VC games, I don't know why they would release games for a new council then and spend even more time working on VC's and not new software. Sad to say given the great tittles on the dream cast

Actually they are adding new consoles (the Neo Geo and the MSX).

But yeah, it would be great to play Dreamcast games, it's just not very feasible. :(

NEO GEO!!! I haven't even touched one of those in years! Well any who if only our dreams will be realized and we see a day were the Dream Cast is just a click to the shop channel away.

I think it could happen; especially with NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams coming out. Publishing the original on the Virtual Console would be a good opportunity to cash in on the hype.

Uhh NiGHTS was on the Saturn...
Anyways Dreamcast was in the last generation. Their file size would fill the Wii's system memory after a few games, if not a single game. But Marvel vs Capcom 2 on the Wii sounds awesome........

PinkFloyd said:

The word you're looking for is "console"

no way maybe saturn download but dreamcast back compatibility sega cant make money cause you cant buy brand new dreamcast games

okay dreamcast games size are about 300mbs-1gb so putting them on the vc would be IMPOSSIBLE unless they made a external harddrive. although neo geo and msx games are coming to the vc soon. neo geo is suppose to be on the vc by the end of the year.

It's possible. But it would have to be based off owning the CDs. Another possibility. Nintendo can team up with Sega and relaunch DC games to play on the Wii. They already did something similar with Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition. Mario/Sonic Olympics only furthers the potential for more Sega/Nintendo related ports.

sagema said:
It's possible. But it would have to be based off owning the CDs. Another possibility. Nintendo can team up with Sega and relaunch DC games to play on the Wii. They already did something similar with Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition. Mario/Sonic Olympics only furthers the potential for more Sega/Nintendo related ports.
The Wii has enough ports on it already....

Back