Going To Download My First VC Game Tonight...

Has anyone made a Wii VC Chart yet to see whats best?
I've got 2000 points and don't want to blow them away on games like Super Mario 64 (1000 points) if it ain't worth it.
Do I need a Classic or Gamecube controller to play the downloaded games?

79Aust said:
Do I need a Classic or Gamecube controller to play the downloaded games?

If you click on the details of the games while you're browsing, it shows you which controllers the game is compatible with. Some games, like Street Fighter won't work at all with the Wii-mote. Getting the classic controller covers you for all the VC titles, it would seem.

undeadair said:
If you click on the details of the games while you're browsing, it shows you which controllers the game is compatible with. Some games, like Street Fighter won't work at all with the Wii-mote. Getting the classic controller covers you for all the VC titles, it would seem.
As long as you have a GC controller you can play most games, the ones you can't use it for use the wiimote so you don't need a classic if you have a GC controller.

In response to the original question, its almost a must to download Gunstar Heroes. Classic scrolling shooter. Its got tons of actions with tons of enemies on the screen at once and a LOAD of shooting. It also has a 2-player option so its great for multiplay. It got pretty high ratings from different sources. Hope that helps!

Omegamonk said:
In response to the original question, its almost a must to download Gunstar Heroes. Classic scrolling shooter. Its got tons of actions with tons of enemies on the screen at once and a LOAD of shooting. It also has a 2-player option so its great for multiplay. It got pretty high ratings from different sources. Hope that helps!

Gunstar Heroes was the very first game I downloaded (and played) 20 minutes after I hooked up my Wii.

IMO, GH is without a doubt the best game on the VC thus far.

Back