Goldeneye007 and Perfect Dark anyone?

Shady41

WiiChat Member
Jul 21, 2009
Doesn't anyone here at all want to see these extremely classic, best-selling titles come to the Wii?

I ask because I only own a Xbox360, and I hate to see the Wii get left out of the Perfect Dark title we'll be getting this winter. I would just like to see both the Wii and Xbox enjoy the two best FPSs of all time (that's right, of all time. Argue with me and I'll fight you. :p ).

I was thinking that if demand here for the Perfect Dark port got some attention and notice it might garner a response from some officials. In the best case scenario, if the XBLA PD title did well in sales perhaps MS and Nintendo can come to an agreement over the Goldeneye007 to finally be in the spotlight once again.

Thoughts?

PD XBLA screenshots for those interested.

Honestly, I don't think I would buy them since I already have Goldeneye and a real N64, but I wouldn't dislike seeing them in the VC. Looking back at old systems with 3D games like the N64 makes me laugh because I used to think the graphics were so awesome, lol. But I still appreciate games as classics where appropriate.

Unfortunately, some of these great games have more parties involved than just Nintendo and they often make it difficult for these games to be remade. Also, not to be a downer or anything, but I doubt demand from some people on a smaller forum like this would get any attention at all from anyone official.

I never played either all though & got Perfect dark in my stocking 3 years ago, thats the one with an eye On the cover right?

goldeneye is pretty much credited with creating the FPS genre and Perfect Dark was a great multiplayer game. i'd love if either of them came to VC but sadly the licensing issues are getting in the way.

not_this_shit_again.jpg
Its them games again
Threads where the same things get said
goldeneye is pretty much credited with creating the FPS genre and Perfect Dark was a great multiplayer game. i'd love if either of them came to VC but sadly the licensing issues are getting in the way.

I think you will find that was Maze War
Then Castle Wolfinstien 3D

The fact that Rare is now owned by Microsoft and that Goldeneye is based off a movie, is the reasons why these games won't see the light off day (Well at least Goldeneye wouldn't, due to all types of licensing issues).

Doesn't anyone here at all want to see these extremely classic, best-selling titles come to the Wii?

I ask because I only own a Xbox360, and I hate to see the Wii get left out of the Perfect Dark title we'll be getting this winter. I would just like to see both the Wii and Xbox enjoy the two best FPSs of all time (that's right, of all time. Argue with me and I'll fight you. :p ).

I was thinking that if demand here for the Perfect Dark port got some attention and notice it might garner a response from some officials. In the best case scenario, if the XBLA PD title did well in sales perhaps MS and Nintendo can come to an agreement over the Goldeneye007 to finally be in the spotlight once again.

Thoughts?

Wow I absolutely loved Goldeneye back in the day, never did play Perfect Dark though. From what Wiiman10 said i guess we won't see goldeneye on Wii though :(

Thoughts?

Wow I absolutely loved Goldeneye back in the day, never did play Perfect Dark though. From what Wiiman10 said i guess we won't see goldeneye on Wii though :(

Apparently there's some game by EA being developed called Goldeneye 2010.

Since it's from EA I already detect massive amounts of fail. Honestly it shocks me no one on this board is kind of vocal with wanting to get PD or GE on their Wii consoles. If PD sells well I'm sure the door can be opened for GE007 to be ported to the 360 and Wii once again.

Since it's from EA I already detect massive amounts of fail. Honestly it shocks me no one on this board is kind of vocal with wanting to get PD or GE on their Wii consoles. If PD sells well I'm sure the door can be opened for GE007 to be ported to the 360 and Wii once again.

EA are good at taking a well known name and milking it till blood comes out

EA are good at taking a well known name and milking it till blood comes out

The blood of developers that is. :sick:

I accept with information: In the best case scenario, if the XBLA PD title did well in sales perhaps MS and Nintendo can come to an agreement over the Goldeneye007 to finally be in the spotlight once again.

I accept with information: In the best case scenario, if the XBLA PD title did well in sales perhaps MS and Nintendo can come to an agreement over the Goldeneye007 to finally be in the spotlight once again.

My hopes exactly.

Back