Greetings

Atrias

WiiChat Member
Dec 26, 2006
Heya :)
I'm Atrias as you might have read :p
The current reason I signed up was to find help to connect my wii to the net, using the official nintendo usb connector used for the DS.

Hopefully, I will also find more topics of interest and hope to as well be pleasant and useful to the community :)

Hey....

- Plug in your USB adapter (To your PC) and install any Software you may get with it

- Keep it plugged in and your PC switched on

- Go on your Wii and go to the Settings (Wii button, Botton left, Wii Menu)

- Go to Internet and Connection Settings

- Go to Connection 1, Click Wireless. Let it search and click your USB (It will locate it easily)

- Test the connection and your all set

xD Have Fun Wiing - Wanting to say that for a long time

I've done all that. But for some reason it didnt want to pass the connection test. It keeps saying it is unable to connect to the internet, yet I am sure i've done everything correctly on my pc.
In fact, when i try to connect, the registrator shows my wii's nickname. I've granted permission for it to connect, and when i try the connection test, everything on the comp seems fine (a little man is shown running, the signal is green), but alas...it just refuses :(

EDIT: I've read manuals, forums and everything, yet I dont seem to see where my problem is. Theoretically it should have worked ><'

It may be because of some interference.... are there any cordless phones, LAN, microwaves (lol) in use anywhere near where your USB is plugged in?

nope, none at all. I've got nothing infrared in my room, save for my wii (doh) cell phone which i dont use and the usb adaptor ='(

ok should have read my thread, do not put it on a metal surface or in a horisontal usb port it cant lay on its back, use the included cable and put it on is side (so you can see front and back) on a wooden surface or a book it will work, try it come back and shower me with praise lol

I'll do it once I get back to where my wii is ^^;
That said, the usb is near a load of electrical device, would they hamper the signal?
And yes its on a wooden surface...

Also sorry for missing your thread :'( Guess I didn't spend enough time looking...

yes possibly and it's ok lol, make sure its not laying on it's back, stick it to a wall with yellowtack or something also its ony got like a 15 meter range

well i did all you said, still nothing...
That said, my ports on the computer are indeed horizontal, so i used the usb plug...
Hmm, turned off firewalls and norton...made sure it was free from any interefering objects...
Well guess i got no choice but try various positions =( Thanks for the help mate.

The crusade to plug my wii to the net begins...

EDIT: Ah ma gad! It warked!!! WAHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAA!!!

THe only problem is, i had to turn off all my firewalls, including norton antivirus worm protection T_T
i'm scared daddy :'(

Last edited:
will do...once i get past the updating stages which are taking quite some time...

alright dude! it totally works :D
Now to figure out friend codes, registration etc...ill be sure to post my friend code once i figure it out =D

THANKS ALOT MAN <3
Have my babies?

Back