Wi-Fi USB Connection for Wii

danania1

WiiChat Member
Feb 8, 2007
Would I have to use the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector or would I be able to use something like Ashton Digital Air Dash WRUB-2011i Wireless USB Stick
http://reviews.cnet.com/Ashton_Digital_WRUB_2011i_wireless_USB_stick/4505-3380_7-30576973.html ? If I do have to use the Nintendo brand, would that also create a wireless connection for a laptop or is it exlusively for the DS and Wii only? Sorry if this quesiton is answered elsewhere, I searched and couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks for the help.

Wii's have a built in wireless receiver anyway, so if you have a compatible wireless router already, you should be able to sync up right out of the box.

Last edited:
I don't have a wireless router. Just a wired one so I was looking into getting my Wii connected online.

Haven't shopped around for a wireless router. Haven't had a need for one until now.

you can check ebay, www.newegg.com, or locally even if you don't feel like shopping online.. Before you buy though, verify it's compatible for the Wii, there's a list of known compatible routers, just do a search in google.

I use the Nintendo one, it works like a charm. It's better when you have two people though if you're going to dart in and out of the room granting your Wii access...

Can you guys tell me if the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB adapter will supply wireless internet to laptops as well? Or does it only supply wireless access to the DS and Wii?

Nevermind, I found the router that fistpittingnork said works for $32 brand new which is about the same price that the used Nintendo Wi-Fi USBs sell for so it was a better bargain all around. Thanks again for the help everyone.

Back