GunCon Controller for PS3!? What the hell!?!

Chase&Fred

Parrot Lover
Jul 30, 2007
Caught Somewhere in Time
Wii Online Code
8655-2652-5242-9777
Alright, so I was just watching Cinematech when a commercial for Time Crisis 4(or 5 whatever) came on. Then they showed an orange gun attachment for the damn six axis controller! Why can't Sony come up with the own damn ideas and stop copying Nintendo! It makes me want to rip the balls off of every person working at Sony!!! Nintendo just HAPPENED to show a line up of arcade rail riding shooters at E3 and now Sony is doing the same thing! Its like all Sony knows how to do is copy or make sequels!!:mad5: :mad5: :mad5:

industry leaders will always look to the competition for successful ideas.

the problem lies in nintendo's inability to patent certain technologies.

talk about a fanboy spasm. lol.

The gun, if real. (doubting it). wouldnt work like a Wii's aim would.. Seeing as Sony doesnt have a sensor bar, and i doubt they'd make one. Its prob some attachment mainly for feel.. But as the above poster said, Nintendo hasnt patent'd it, they didnt create it either. Its old technology.

No, its real. It was on Cinematech this morning. Why can't Sony do their own innovations?! Nintendo brought something new to the gaming world. Sony just comes up with new ways to copy! >:O

Copying is good for the consumer. It provides you with a console that has the best of all the other consoles so it is therefore better than one by a company that only uses its own ideas.

Copying = Good for the consumer
Competition = Good for the consumer

I'm not even sure what you are talking about so I can't say for sure if it is really even copying. I think there has been a thread about something like that, I'm not sure if this is what you mean because I'm pretty sure it doesn't connect to the SixAxis, but it uses pretty close to the same technology as the Wiimote and you just put two little orange tabs on top of your TV like the sensor bar. I don't think it was made by Sony though.....

lordmat0 said:
How would a Ps3 gun work anyways since I thought HD tv's dont support light guns?

http://uk.media.ps3.ign.com/media/896/896236/imgs_1.html

Theres a few pictures of it, looks like its still a proto!
Like I said before, if it is the one I'm thinking of you just put little orange tabs on the corners of the TV that function similar to the sensorbar.

lackluster dj said:
industry leaders will always look to the competition for successful ideas.

the problem lies in nintendo's inability to patent certain technologies.

i dont think nintendo wants to, by letting companines copy of you, it shows that u rule and are the leader in that indsutry, which is what nintendo is.

analog controller - nintendo
rumble pack- nintendo
handheld games - nintendo
soon to be copied wiimote controlls - nintendo

WTF man
It's only a gun. Time crisis needs a gun otherwise it just fails. Prick

A time crisis has been out for a Sony console before...

Why has the gun got what looks like the nunchuck though..its pretty fugly because of that.

Back