Gunstar Heroes Review

RivalDestiny

WiiChat Member
Staff member
Dec 15, 2006
Michigan
Wii Online Code
0409-5781-9484-0073
I decided to kick it into high gear and start reviewing Wii VC games. I'll make this review quick and try to make it easy to read...

If you guys would like me to review any other game, I'd be glad to rent it or buy it and try it out..

Players: 1-2
Original System: Sega Genesis
Price: 800 Wii Points
Controllers: WiiMote, Gamecube Controller, Classic Controller
Released: 1993

Gunstar Heroes
gunstar_box.jpg

Gameplay 9.5/10
There are 2 possible characters you may pick..one with "free shot" and one with "fixed shot". There are also four different weapons you may choose from..Fire, Chaser, Lightning, and Force. All of them have weaknesses and strengths. The controls are very simple, there is a jumping, shooting, and moving controls. As you move along the screen you'll encounter enemies which you have to kill. There will of course be bosses and mini bosses, all of which are very challenging. The health bar can be determined as "vitality", it will gradually go down whenever you are hurt or injured.

Gunstar-Heroes.jpg

Another thing that this game provides is good multiplayer. If you ever played Contra, it's somewhat like that. The only weakness to this is when you die and revive, your partner also losses health.

Gameplay is great...it brings a great amount challenge and also is very fast paced, enemies will fly it from every direction trying to throw you off.

Music 8/10
Not only the music is good, but the sound effects are amazing. There are explosions everywhere. The music changes when you encounter a boss or whenever you almost die. In my opinion, the game brought very nice music along with fantastic sound effects.

Graphics 8.5/10
Everything is beautiful in this game. The title screen is even attractive. The game brings in crisp graphics along with amazing effects. The bosses and enemies were beautiful as well

GunstarHeroes_1.gif

Replayability 8.5/10
This game has very good replayability. The game is short which usually means you'd want to play it over and over again. If you wanna play with bud or just wanna solo cause your bored, it's an all around great game..

Overall
8.7/10

Other Gunstar Games:
Gunstar Super Heroes (GBA)
gunstar_super_heroes_f.jpg

Other Reviews:
----
DS
----
Elite Beat Agents Review
Wario Ware: Touched Review
Brain Age Review
Advance Wars: Dual Strike Review
Meteos Review
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow Review
----
Wii
----
SSX Blur Review
Super Paper Mario Review
----
PC
----
Guild Wars Review

Last edited:
Not very
But its replayable

I have played it throw loads of times (both on mega drive, rom,and wii)

what better this and contra 3 im getting some more points but dont know which one to get btw wave race 64 coming soon to vc friday in europe

Nice review, although I wouldn't have given it such a high score for replayability.

sco0504- Wave Race 64 this Friday? I agree it'll probably be out next month, but Paper Mario only came out about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Besides, first Friday of the month is normally 3 Sega games (hoping for Shining Force).

Gunstar Super Heroes is much harder.
Go against Green on the last stage on hard mode with Blue. It isn't easy.
The original is still good, nice review.

Back