Hacker questions

kj4lxw

WiiChat Member
Jul 10, 2011
St. Pete, FL
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Been reading posts complaining about getting hacked and I'm not quite understanding what it is that these guys do to cheat.
Only thing I ever hacked was a cell phone I had years ago as the provider limited alot of the capabilities on it (Razr). I was alot of work and took me a month to do.
I like to mod things, and I have seen some web sites about "modding" or "hacking" your Wii but it looks like WAY too much work for me to bother with. Plus I would not want to take the chance of screwing up my Wii and bricking it.

Could someone explain to me what exactly happens when someone hacks you in an online game? How can I tell if it is being done to me?

I don't believe I can instruct you how to hack your Wii because of the rules, unfortunately (I certainly do know how). =(

But I can definitely tell you the effects hacking has on online games. When someone is "hacking" online, this is generally referring to someone illegally using cheat codes, through hardware or software not endorsed by Nintendo. "God mode" is probably the most common in any online game, which as it sounds, makes you impervious to everything. Immature brats get a kick out of ****ing up everyone's good time by winning games this way, essentially.

Hacking cheats goes far beyond being invincible in a game, though. It can be a lot more devious and permanent. Like, for example, "hacked lobbies" present in almost every Call of Duty game. I don't know the logistic details, but people will create cheat codes to make anyone who enters their lobby, including themselves of course, to gain unbelievably huge amounts of Exp. Leveling up without working for it, basically.

To be honest, I wouldn't complain about a random boost in levels, considering leveling up itself isn't the joy of the game. Playing it is. :lol:

It's quite easy to tell if someone is hacking online once you've got a good eye for all the goings-on of a game. Eventually you'll know exactly what's normal and right, and experience can tell you when something's seriously amiss. But unless you spot it yourself, or another player confirms it, it's not possible to know if someone's hacking.

Yeah not interested in doing any of that. Just interested in what to watch for. I think I would actually leave a game if I knew it wasn't fair. I get my rear end kicked enough as it is without someone having a boost.

Agreed. When a game's got you brewing up a cauldron of rage, cheaters can just ruin your day. What's even more unfortunate is that the more popular the game, the more hackers you'll find, simply because of the law of averages and the like. This makes for some unfortunate happenings when the Wii is the most popular console, and the easiest to hack. =( Black Ops is definitely high on the list for the most popular game to hack online.

Back